Someone Else's Problem: Acrofatic barge deluxe: 2007 Audi S6 Avant, or: The howlwagon

lip

Car(s)
Renault Twizy
Finally a week after the purchase it's actually here:

2007 Audi S6 quattro, 5.2L V10, 435hp, 540nm, 205'000km (127'000mi)
20210505-174348.jpg

20210505-174434.jpg

Pro:
- Fresh off service and inspection (= 2 years of MOT)
- Engine-out rebuild, carbon cleaned (documented)
- Unusual but still subdued colour
- It's a &%*#+%+@ rocket.

Contra:
- Muted soundtrack, especially inside. Mind you, this thing is capable of some exquisite race car howling when pushed, but to me coming from four years of V8 barkwagon driving, it surely lacks audible presence at idle and in the lower revs = There is no way around of me going to fork out more dosh for some Milltek tubing or another equivalent system.
- A few surface flaking spots on the lower front plastic, can only get rid of that by replacing the whole part.

Neutral:
- Those look-at-me aftermarket wheels, not sure about them yet. Granted they do look good in a way, on the other side I find them a bit flashy. Anyway, I got the original S6 wheels with the car (they act as winter wheels), so I can swap them anytime and it's a luxury dilemma.
- The ride isn't as harsh as expected after watching and reading reviews. = It's firmer than my old C5 S6, but still very comfortable.
- Another luxury dilemma: The car has only one V10 side badge. = Should I take that one off, or should I attach a second one on the passenger side? LOL.

That's all so far, had it only for half a day yet so not much to tell really, but I'm going to introduce it to some great local go-to swiss roads in the coming days. Wohoo!

Have another pic:
20210505-174445.jpg

Greetings, lip :D

Last edited:
Veeeeery niiiiiice. :thumbsup: <3

Good thing about the engine rebuild, as I'm not sure one can trust an engine like this with over 200,000 km on the clock otherwise...
And I'm with you on the wheels, they look a bit.... off.

The car has only one V10 side badge. = Should I take the one off, or should I attach another one on the passenger side?
Ah, so everyone can see you got a V10 when they overtake you. :p :D

Reactions: lip
If it were me, I'd hide the fact you have more cylinders than any car in traffic. *shrug*

Ah so the wheels aren't gloss black - thank goodness. Looks tidy and sits really well. Rear tint looks a bit funky.

I would probably remove the badge but the pipes and the S6 badge still give away its power, also are switchable exhaust valves legal there? :think:

^ No, switch valves are not allowed, in any case. - Allowed or only exhaust modifications/systems that have a EU-certification for your exact model. - But there are plenty of those around for the S6, new or used. - As long as there is no power gain (5% tolerance), the exhaust system can be mounted without a government inspection.

Very nice, the V10 engine is pretty boss

I love the word "Acrofatic" :LOL:

Very nice car. Enjoy.

Wait, I forgot something.

Just when the world is trying to move on from big, thirsty engines and quite a few of us are moving to (not) tiny, (not) slow electric cars to (probably not) save the damn planet you go out and add more cylinders to turn your bark into a howl?! Are the old women in your area not scared enough by now?

There, better. I really like howlwagons. ?

^ Will do, give me a few days. :)

Anyway, I want a green thread title badge, so here is the photographic obligation:
DSCF3249.jpg

I can't say I love this car enough.

tenor.gif

Just when the world is trying to move on from big, thirsty engines and quite a few of us are moving to (not) tiny, (not) slow electric cars to (probably not) save the damn planet you go out and add more cylinders to turn your bark into a howl?! Are the old women in your area not scared enough by now?

WTH? White knighting aged local females in combination with driving an oversized electric razor, is that the kind of person I usually take my sociocultural advice from? No, it isn't! - But innocent until proven guilty, let's take a corner-peak into your current garage, Sir: And what do we see sitting next to the already mentioned blown-up battery hoover? A certified Frankenstein off-roader which during every startup-rattle lifts and then dips the whole british isle an inch, creating a ripple wave that equally kills beachgoers in Malaysia and Puerto Rico! - But regardless of that fact you have the audacity to wear a I-SAVE-THE-PLANET hat and a I-CARE-FOR-COUGARS-THAT-LIVE-AROUND-LAKE-CONSTANCE T-shirt! - If you jump in this manner at V10 owners like me, what do you do with V12 connaisseurs? Kill their cats and marry their mothers? I BET YOU DO! - GO TO HELL!*

*Edit: Since you live in the UK, you already are in hell, so I take that back. :p

Last edited:
It's just a running joke between us. ?

^ Message received.

Btw, since we both now have a Audi from the same model year, can I ask you how you are listening to music in the car? Did you replace the CD player with an aux or bluetooth connector?

I have the MMI from a 2011 Q5, so it's limited to 2 SD cards (64GB total). I have the option of installing an AMI in the glovebox, which would give me bluetooth and aux-in options, I think... but I haven't bothered with that. There are rumours of an aftermarket module that adds android auto and a touchscreen, though...

EDIT: hmm... https://www.realmediashop.de/Wirele...SB-Media-Box-for-Audi-A4-A5-Q5-S5-MMI-3G-HIGH

Last edited: