Someone Else's Problem: Acrofatic barge deluxe: 2007 Audi S6 Avant, or: The howlwagon

Reactions: lip
^ Thanks. But I think that's overkill. - As all I want is to be able to listen to the music on my phone.

Easiest solution is probably a simple usb-recharchable bluetooth MMI G2 connecter like this:
ami-auf-usb-30cm-konverter-bluetooth-adapter-vw-audi-schwarz13-413x413-high.jpg

^ Ah, I have to check that.

If I don't have the interface, another solution is to use the connection of the (useless) CD changer in the glovebox...

Yeah, that's what I did with the A4 before. Plugged an aux and USB into the CD changer plug. Wasn't very sophisticated, but that was quite a while ago.

If all else fails, there's always a wired FM modulator that plugs into your head unit's antenna jack. I have one on the Saab with its in-dash single CD player with no changer controls.

^ Thanks. But I think that's overkill. - As all I want is to be able to listen to the music on my phone.

Easiest solution is probably a simple usb-recharchable bluetooth MMI G2 connecter like this:
ami-auf-usb-30cm-konverter-bluetooth-adapter-vw-audi-schwarz13-413x413-high.jpg
“Overkill is my favorite kind of kill,” as the BOM lads would say.

Looks like a nice little unit, they've been around long enough for them to perfect the tech. Still have my original Belkin Tunecast, I think I used it in the Series III.

Looks like a nice little unit, they've been around long enough for them to perfect the tech. Still have my original Belkin Tunecast, I think I used it in the Series III.
I used a Belkin Tunecast for a while before a guy I worked with stole then had the audacity to claim he bought it the next time I saw it. It was left in a work van we both were in one day and the next morning it disappeared and I saw it in his jeep.

That said, FM transmitters are one of the best alternatives without getting into plugging directly to the radio or replacing it for one that offers blueteeth or usb. They were shitty in the beginning, but they've at least improved unlike cassette adapters.

1500km review:

Contra:
  • Not used to low profile tires I already scratched the front passenger wheel during parking. Well done, hero.
  • While Sport Mode is great, it makes the throttle response extremely sensitive. For sure that's a positive when you are underway already at some pace as it makes the power delivery instant, but it's quite unnerving when you set off after a stop: The car basicly jumps its own lenght forward even with the lightest tap.
  • When giving it the beans the steering gets heavier, but even with that it's still too light.

Pro:
  • Mid-range power is awesome. The way this pulls uphill or goes from 80-120 makes me grin like a 10yo on a funfair ride.
  • Grip is great. Although it's a 2-ton tank and I've been quite silly already on local curvy roads, I haven't managed to get it into a understeer scenario inside my comfort- and talent scope.

Neutral:
  • While I'm not really a fan of the rear tinting looks wise, it does noticably keep this car cooler than my former S6. = I will leave it on, atleast during this summer.
  • I gave in to vanity and ordered a second V10 side badge.

Last edited:

Apart from his overuse of the "Lamborghini V10" nonsense (in reality the Lamborghini Gallardo had a Audi engine), a pretty accurate review, especially when it comes to the driving experience from 15:56 onwards.

Yes, the gearbox isn't the fastest, but the mass of low down torque helps to get a pretty good move on in any situation until you get into one of the RPM sweet spots where the car pulls most superbly and your inside voice goes "Wohehey".

I just wished the throttle response wouldn't be so extremley sensitive in Sport Mode when you set off after a stop. If you forget just for a moment that you are in Sport and you set off like you would in normal Drive Mode the car basicly slaps you from the back and jumps away from under your ass and hands. Not big a problem when the road is free, but when you follow another car slowly away from a green light for example you will end off at a sweat inducing nearness to his numberplate before you even catch on to the situation. Happend to me a few times so far.

Otherwise the car is awesome. :D

I just wished the throttle response wouldn't be so extremley sensitive in Sport Mode when you set off after a stop. If you forget just for a moment that you are in Sport and you set off like you would in normal Drive Mode the car basicly slaps you from the back and jumps away from under your ass and hands. Not big a problem when the road is free, but when you follow another car slowly away from a green light for example you will end off at a sweat inducing nearness to his numberplate before you even catch on to the situation. Happend to me a few times so far.
It thinks it's an EV. ?

I don't really like switchable drive modes much for this reason. It's nice to have the option but it just opens up the possibility to forget and get yourself in trouble by the car responding more slowly or more quickly than expected. Both could equal a crash. I'm getting flashbacks to times I tried to enter a busy roundabout in the Smart with it's slow-ass clutch, would've definitely used the sport mode if it had one.

Expiry date 12/2021? :unsure: :-?

... is that when the glue is no longer able to withstand the acceleration forces or what?
Yeah, but not by the car, but by the acceleration forces of UPS employees chucking the delivery packets around. ?