Someone Else's Problem: Acrofatic barge deluxe: 2007 Audi S6 Avant, or: The howlwagon

Random update: Already 10000km(!) (6200mi) done since the purchase, and it's still fine and in one piece. (y)
audi.jpg

Pro:
*Whooosh!* :p

Contra:
- The flappy paddles it has are useless: The are too small, they sit too low, and are too close to the stalks.

Neutral:
- The average fuel consumption is... well I don't know actually, I've never checked (and never will). - I just fill the car up every time the needle comes down near the red part. - Ignorance is bliss (sometimes). ?

Last edited:
If they're anything like the paddles I saw in the newer GTIs, you can get replacement extensions. One, cheaper solution stick to the current buttons with double-sided 3M tape. The other, more expensive solution, is a full button replacement.

EDIT: I know some of the years don't line up with your car but I figured they'd do for an example.

Reactions: lip
^ Good options there. - I didn't knew there are genuine paddle extensions around for the C6 S6. - My brother also has a 3D printer. - We'll see.

The Roadtrip/Ringmeet curse has reached the Audi one day before setting off, but in a very mild dose:

Problem 1:
- Airbag light comes on sometimes. Goes off after a restart usually but comes on again after a few minutes. - Solution: Ignorance.

Problem 2:

- Electric tailgate motor gave up on life, but the secondary motor still works and still pulls the tailgate tight after a manual close. It needs a bit of force to take it down though. May have bent it a little to one side recently as shut lines are a few millimeters off now. - Solution: Ignorance.

Overall result:

- Blue Peter flag is up, the swiss barge will set sail tomorrow at noon as planned. Yeah! (y)

Last edited:
Any problem that can't be solved by turning up the radio is simply not worthy of attention.

That's a hella sweet ride. How wide of a tire can you stuff in there? The factory meats look ...255ish?

The current ones are 275 all around. I assume the original ones are not as wide.

I always wanted a system like that on the V8, but with electronic valves. There are situations where you don't want it to rumble quite as much. :p

I always wanted a system like that on the V8, but with electronic valves. There are situations where you don't want it to rumble quite as much. :p
So far I haven't found a system with valves that also has a EU/CH certificate.

So far I haven't found a system with valves that also has a EU/CH certificate.
Gah, of course. I forget about that sometimes, I do sometimes appreciate our freedom to just do whatever mods we like as long as they’re safe.

Oh well, more rumble for everyone!

Gah, of course. I forget about that sometimes, I do sometimes appreciate our freedom to just do whatever mods we like as long as they’re safe.

I used to follow a British Skoda forum back when I had the Octavia and the guys there were discussing things like whether they could get winter tires in a smaller size or if that would count as a modification and be against their insurance plan or whatnot.

Meanwhile, this is legal. I don't get it ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Well finally, I have some information.
Translation: Milltek will send the exhaust system off at the 18th of October, so it should be here in 2 weeks. (y)
Can't wait to be a total audible nuisance whilst having a broad smile on my face. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot-774793.jpg