Adam Carolla says Top Gear America is back ON!!!!!!

sbenus

Car(s)
Merc SL55 AMG
Adam Carolla announced on Carcast that the History Channel will pick up the show. seems like he will be back schedule permitting but his pilot co-hosts are out. BBC is producing. for more details listen to the show

it's about 6mins and 45secs in to todays episode called Adam's Miura. as of right now it's on itunes but not at his site yet.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/

Yep, it's all there and correct, although he announces it @ 13:00.

His scheduling problems are caused by NBC having picked up his comedy pilot and the whole Adam Carolla Podcast Network thing. But, since it's cable, there's a good chance there only will be 9-12 episodes, hopefully they can fit it all in.

Last edited:
Yep, it's all there and correct, although he announces it @ 13:00.

His scheduling problems are caused by NBC having picked up his comedy pilot and the whole Adam Carolla Podcast Network thing. But, since it's cable, there's a good chance there only will be 9-12 episodes, hopefully they can fit it all in.

cool. what i meant was that the top gear talk started at 6:45 when he talks about filming the pilot

Thank God it wont be on NBC.

Anyway, w00t! :dance::wicked::thumbsup::beer::thumbup::love::shock2::cheers::jawdrop::banana: :drool: :nod::w00t:^_^:twisted::shock::clap::bow:

:blowup:

Last edited:
Awesome. I see Adam Carolla doing a good job with it.

Too bad big names like Leno, who could've really helped the show, failed to see the purpose of this show and have already decided that it would fail....as have many in the car enthusiast community. This is quite an unfortunate turn of events. A lot of people are saying that: "Well this will never live up to Top Gear!" Which is 100% true, because it's not Top Gear. And so their next question is: "So what's the point?" The point is not to live up to the popularity or greatness of Top Gear, the point is to bring an automotive show, inspired by the concept of Top Gear, to the masses that's enjoyable by both enthusiasts and laymen like with an American perspective/twist.

So the way I see it, this show had GREAT potential but for some unknown reason, most people seemed to view the show as anti Top Gear instead of pro car enthusiasm. And no matter how badly I want this show to succeed, I'm afraid that this thing probably won't go anywhere.

Last edited:
Iiiiiiiiinteresting. Very interesting. Glad to see the BBC is producing it.

Will they be changing the host lineup any, or not?

America is awesome

Top gear is awesome

America plus top gear equals Awesome(2), like pizza with ice cream.

Too bad big names like Leno, who could've really helped the show, failed to see the purpose of this show and have already decided that it would fail....as have many in the car enthusiast community. This is quite an unfortunate turn of events. A lot of people are saying that: "Well this will never live up to Top Gear!" Which is 100% true, because it's not Top Gear. And so their next question is: "So what's the point?" The point is not to live up to the popularity or greatness of Top Gear, the point is to bring an automotive show, inspired by the concept of Top Gear, to the masses that's enjoyable by both enthusiasts and laymen like with an American perspective/twist.

So the way I see it, this show had GREAT potential but for some unknown reason, most people seemed to view the show as anti Top Gear instead of pro car enthusiasm. And no matter how badly I want this show to succeed, I'm afraid that this thing probably won't go anywhere.

Jay said he didn't want his hobby to become his buisness. he didn't say it would fail just that if it were on nbc as was intended, corporate interests would interfere too much in the show

Adam Carolla announced on Carcast that the History Channel will pick up the show. seems like he will be back schedule permitting but his pilot co-hosts are out. BBC is producing. for more details listen to the show

it's about 6mins and 45secs in to todays episode called Adam's Miura. as of right now it's on itunes but not at his site yet.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/

update: episode is up on the site

This should be interesting. I needed something to fill the hole in my T.V. schedule left by American Chopper. I'll definitely be watching this.

Concerning the canning of American TG a while back, Clarkson once said, "Americans just don't get it". I really hope he eats his words.

Concerning the canning of American TG a while back, Clarkson once said, "Americans just don't get it". I really hope he eats his words.

Clarkson also recommended the Rover 800 (Sterling in the US) as a car to buy.

With Adam Carolla it should work out. Once exposed to it most people I know love it.

Pilot co-hosts are not coming back apparently.

This is great news.
Phew. Hopefully their replacements don't suck.

I'm not the biggest fan of Carolla's, but I do remember liking The Man Show. Maybe he's more tolerable when working with other people or something.

Foust seemed okay, but Prius boy? Absolutely not.

Phew. Hopefully their replacements don't suck.

I'm not the biggest fan of Carolla's, but I do remember liking The Man Show. Maybe he's more tolerable when working with other people or something.

Foust seemed okay, but Prius boy? Absolutely not.

Well, Stromer did roll his Prius. He'd most definitely fill the Hammond archetype. But I agree. He wasn't right for the show. Foust's got his own show anyway, I think. It's okay, more like a supercar infomercial than an actual show, and besides, he's a racing driver. He'd make a great Stig. Saw him drifting at Infineon. Very smooth and precise, even for a professional.

Carolla's pretty damn hilarious, I think. He kinda fires from the hip solo - a lot of it is only mildly funny, but sometimes he hits your funny bone and you're rolling. He's smarter about it when it matters, though. Like any of the live improv stuff. It's like the daily podcast is just practice.

Last edited:
Sweet, It will be interesting to see how it.

Now, if I can just get comcast to give me back the History Channel. ... comcast sucks so bad.