Adieu Laguna, bonjour Renault Talisman 2016

They venue was only Ch?teau de Chantilly . The big screens and side of the building opened so the cars could drive in. Not exactly low budget stuff.[...]

A big budget does not mean that the camerawork, the editing, the timing of the presentation in the background or the improvising female host who didn?t know where to stand on stage is doing a good job. Camerawork and the timing of the presentation were quite a laugh at times, as was the host in her sandals (which I recon they made her wear because she is already a lot taller than the CEO she was talking to, so no heels for her - but I?m speculating here) who almost fell a couple of times onto the turning tables the cars were on and made comments how much the driver must be sweating ...

Don?t get me wrong, I actually liked that. I am not a fan of "everything perfect" presentations. I like it when you get the impression that there are humans at work, not PR-bots.

All I see is a Passat CC with the largest badge of a Renault truck they could find glued to the front.

Suppose that's why one of the reviews called it the Passat from Paris.

Rear of the car has some Insignia on it. Apart the ugly front (way too big badge) it looks ok. Huge improvement over the Laguna anyway!

I was referrering to the brand new 2016 model, buy yeah, it seems the Talisman is half a class smaller.

So what platform are you saying its built on, if not the Nissan D platform?

Wagon!

acemHim.jpg

5mG3U7b.jpg

Woooh! Much nicer than the sedan.

Last edited:
When this is coming down the road people will wonder what it is. I mean, you can barely see the logo on the front.

It's been growing ever since the 1970's.

That's a Passat, sorry :D The front lights are like something from a chinese copyshop. The sedan looks absolutely like the new A4 sedan. I mean, it's better than it were before when their cars looked generic/asian, but there have been times when Renault really had unique and appealling design...