Adrian and his trusty sidekick crossing the Americas - Summer-Fall 2015

Adrian

Chariot of Fire
Car(s)
'13 VW T5, '07 SMC, '94 BMW 850, '92 Donkervoort
Some already know this, but i'll put it black on white in hope of getting some further input from the great people of FinalGear! Sometime mid-summer 2015 i'll be putting my KITT, the 850, on a ship headed for New York City. The plan is to spend two months or so crossing the great US of A before it descendes into complete chaos and second world country status i go into full-time employment. As of now there is really no set timeframe, as my exam dates are still not set - i was also hoping to shoe-horn the FinalGear Roadtrip 2015 into that summers plans, and ship the car straight after Ringmeet.

Here you can find the map i'm working with:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-oOCys0Ei-Y.ko0IYFAP6UkY (Dark blue is sure destinations, light blue if i pass by, and red are hard to achieve - like getting into Jay Lenos Garage.)
I'm hoping to visit some FinalGearians, maybe arrange a meet when i get further west? Viper has shown interest in joining me for part of the trip already. It does look rather massive, and it is, but i far from plan to be on the road every day. Visiting friends, family, various landmarks and other suggestions are a priority - a week in L.A./San Francisco is planned for instance. If you have any suggestions, a couch to crash on or other various inputs don't hesitate to scream and shout in the thread! Or over PM. I can also give edit-access to the map via PM if anyone wants to put some cock'n'balls dots or great driving routes on it :)

Various comments on my stupidity for doing this:
23:33 < nicjasno> don't drive through virginia
23:33 < nicjasno> low speed limits and jailtime for 20 over or something
23:40 < D-Fence> I admire your dedication and stupidity

Last edited:
Reserve money for tickets and have a lawyer on speedcall when they jail you for speeding :)

We should start a betting pool in what states it'll break down... I'm going for "all of them".

Seriously though, sounds like an awesome trip.

Last edited:
Get some more suggestions and i'll get a poll running :D
EDIT: Now i see you mean actual states, not states of brokenness.

There's also "largest speeding ticket", "most tickets in a single state", "rear tyre count", ...

Yeah, state as in US state. However, I'm also down for "all of them" for states of brokenness :p

That looks absolutely epic. :jawdrop:

When you drive between SF and LA, Laguna Seca is on the way. ;) Of course you want to drive CA-1 right at the waterfront of the Pacific, not the boring I-5. From the CA-1 it's just a stone's throw.

Yep, he runs the place with his dad.
When you drive between SF and LA, Laguna Seca is on the way. ;) Of course you want to drive CA-1 right at the waterfront of the Pacific, not the boring I-5. From the CA-1 it's just a stone's throw.
Both added, and thanks! :D

Going up from Malibu, take one road further East: http://goo.gl/maps/dBwfl
Zoom in on the map, should already be there in a separate route. It's where Matt Farrah shoots his stuff, i hope to hoon around there a bit for a day!

I did zoom in, your route has the N9 rather than this.

Take the white road, not the blue road :cool:
Most relevant when going up of course.

Last edited:
I did zoom in, your route has the N9 rather than this.

Take the white road, not the blue road :cool:
Most relevant when going up of course.
Better now? Made some improvements :hmm:

Going up from Malibu, take one road further East: http://goo.gl/maps/dBwfl

Man oh man that looks fun. The last time I was in Malibu in the Viper, I fucked up and totally took the wrong roads. I'd love to have another go at it. It's about a 16 hour drive down I-5 and then I could take the fun way home with Adrian up the coast or whatever. Super tempting to go that far rather than meeting him in northern California or something.

As it looks now i'll be driving south from north, so i could meet you in Portland no problem. :) You mentionede you might join me earlier though, like Yellowstone or i believe we discussed Las Vegas? We'll see! Would be cool :D

Maybe we can arrange a little FG meet at CraigB's dragstrip? FG dragnight? :eek: