Adrian and his trusty sidekick crossing the Americas - Summer-Fall 2015

As it looks now i'll be driving south from north, so i could meet you in Portland no problem. :) You mentionede you might join me earlier though, like Yellowstone or i believe we discussed Las Vegas? We'll see! Would be cool :D

Maybe we can arrange a little FG meet at CraigB's dragstrip? FG dragnight? :eek:

Ah, I had forgotten. North to south would be cool too. I would want to start or end in Portland though probably, rather than drive somewhere, go through Portland, and then somewhere else.

If younmake it up to Detroit for Rob Dahm/Lingenfelter collection, there are several FGers in the area that would be up for a meet. If you can time the visit with an event when the actual Lingenfelter Collection is open, it would be well worth it. I went a few weeks ago and he has a ton of amazing cars.

PCH! Do PCH. Probably my favorite part of the trip, haha.

Independence Pass was pretty epic, too. Highest pass over the Continental Divide. Also, very pretty.

Just a quick point regarding one item on that list - Delorean is not in California but in Houston Texas.

PCH! Do PCH. Probably my favorite part of the trip, haha.
Independence Pass was pretty epic, too. Highest pass over the Continental Divide. Also, very pretty.
PCH is definitely on the bucketlist for sure!
Added Independence Pass to the map :)

I'll happily meet up and convey in Texas, I'm sure some others will join :D
Added!

Just a quick point regarding one item on that list - Delorean is not in California but in Houston Texas.
Fixed.

If younmake it up to Detroit for Rob Dahm/Lingenfelter collection, there are several FGers in the area that would be up for a meet. If you can time the visit with an event when the actual Lingenfelter Collection is open, it would be well worth it. I went a few weeks ago and he has a ton of amazing cars.
Added! I might contact you closer regarding dates etc. I've also been considering driving northbound from New York, up to Maine and down to Detroit via Montreal and Toronto.

I'll check these out! :D

Put me down for a Detroit meet as well. Timing a Lingenfelter Open House will be tough since he only does them 4 times a year, but if you get here over the summer, theres cool automotive stuff going on pretty much every day of the week, with more and more stuff happening as August approaches. Maybe even you could make it for the Woodward Dream Cruise. I'll keep an eye out for dates for you for things like CEMA (Chrysler employee show - the one day of the year the Chrylser museum is open to the public), Lingenfelter's schedule, and the Motor Muster at Greenfield Village.

Now that I think about it, Lingenfelter's events are the easiest since he does them 4x any other event, but in my opinion they should be your lowest priority event to hit while in the area.

Last edited:
Added you to the list! As soon as i have exam dates i can start working out a time schedule. How early do they announce dates for the various things? :)

Added you to the list! As soon as i have exam dates i can start working out a time schedule. How early do they announce dates for the various things? :)

The Dream Cruise is always the 3rd Saturday of August, so the 15th this year. I'm actually working on convincing LeVeL and thevictor390 (maybe LabCoatGuy?) to drive out here for that too, so we might have an extended crowed. The whose week leading up to the cruise is pretty much a giant party with insane cars everywhere every night.

Not sure about Lingenfelter, but I just checked his site and theres no info about 2015 events yet.

CEMA is going to be Saturday, June 6. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the date for the Ford Employee show yet, but I'll check on that. And I think the GM show is for employees only.

I'll start putting together a document of event dates for the area.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks :D

Also I'm guessing you're going to be wrapping the trip up in NY in the fall to ship the car back to Europe. Depending on what point of the season you're in, driving through New Hampshire/Vermont is a must to get the famous foliage views.

51Xc9if.jpg

Mh7wgQa.jpg

0X6E0tK.jpg

If I had a private cargo plane and bags of cash I'd join in the fun but since that isn't likely to happen I'll enjoy seeing the photos.

You'd better still be coming to the Ringmeet if not the roadtrip, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Also I'm guessing you're going to be wrapping the trip up in NY in the fall to ship the car back to Europe. Depending on what point of the season you're in, driving through New Hampshire/Vermont is a must to get the famous foliage views.
The current plan is to end up in LA and ship the car from there. Allthough some guys on IRC are trying to get me to do a cannonball run from LA to New York at the end :p

If I had a private cargo plane and bags of cash I'd join in the fun but since that isn't likely to happen I'll enjoy seeing the photos.
You'd better still be coming to the Ringmeet if not the roadtrip, it wouldn't be the same without you.
It's just 800 USD from Norway to New York, and 1200 USD from Los Angeles to Norway. Cheaper to Europe.
Trying to make Ringmeet and Roadtrip for sure :)

It's just 800 USD from Norway to New York, and 1200 USD from Los Angeles to Norway. Cheaper to Europe.
Trying to make Ringmeet and Roadtrip for sure :)

Huh?!? What company are you getting quotes from? When I wanted to ship my Mustang to Germany for the Ringmeet, I got quotes for $1200 for NYC to Germany or $2000 for Michigan to Germany.

$1600 for a round trip from the east coast would be way more reasonable, and I could start putting money aside to ship the Mustang for Ringmeet 2016.

Freight itself is just $800, but there are portside handling charges, insurance, etc etc, bringing the total sum closer to $1200.

Huh?!? What company are you getting quotes from? When I wanted to ship my Mustang to Germany for the Ringmeet, I got quotes for $1200 for NYC to Germany or $2000 for Michigan to Germany.

$1600 for a round trip from the east coast would be way more reasonable, and I could start putting money aside to ship the Mustang for Ringmeet 2016.
Looking back at it now there was some port fees and charges i had not accounted for.

Here's the calculation from LA to Drammen:
Sea freight for sedan up to 14m^2: USD 1341,-
Port costs in Long Beach: USD 188,-
Spedition, US West Coast: USD 305,-
Fee to pay Drammen Port: USD 50,-

Local costs in Drammen Port: USD 220,-
Booking: USD 30,-
Plus insurance!
Total: $2134 :shock:

I think i'll have to shop around some more. You'd save in the freight by going just to Germany though, and i might deliver the car in Germany as well. If you did roadtrip and ringmeet this year they could share a ship or maybe container - containers are cheaper but takes a week extra.

Freight itself is just $800, but there are portside handling charges, insurance, etc etc, bringing the total sum closer to $1200.
Who did you use for shipping Lucille?

You know...I feel like doing something stupid and shipping the Palio.

First Palio Sporting on the N?rburgring, anyone? :p

Also, I would put the sticker with SO MUCH ?PRIDE. :lol:

Last edited:
Who did you use for shipping Lucille?
I am using Interfracht, a broker for CFR Rinkens.

According to the quote I got for shipping Lucille, cost are:
- Shipping from New York to Bremerhaven - $850
- US export processing fee (may or may not be different as you are not exporting) $125
- Portside fees in Bremerhaven - 325 ? / $410
- Customs processing fee (again, might not apply to you) - 80 ? / $ 100
- Import duty (does not apply to you)
- Insurance - 1.3% of the car's worth, in Lucille's case $75

Which brings us to a total of around $1500 plus duty.

Last edited: