Advance downtime notice

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
We all love downtimes :p , but this one will be worth it.

Finally got the new webserver ready and will be installing it on the 26th. The day after Christmas.

Final Specs:
-Pentium 4 2.8ghz HT
-2GB DDR PC3200
-2x 320GB SATAII in Raid1
-Debian!

We are also reloading the database server at the same time, so everything will be offline for a few hours..

can't wait, thanks for the heads up :D

should be good.

Just to put this in perspective for me, what are they running now?

I have absolutely no idea what those numbers and links mean, but I'm sure it makes a good (in politically correct ABC order) Boxing Day, Christmas, Hanukka, Kwanzaa, Whatevertheheckelseyoucelebrate gift.:mrgreen:

Wow... the webserver's memory is topped out, and the swap file is full. Craziness!
On purpose. Unlike home PCs which need to keep some available for new programs, all webservers try and use as much RAM as they can, especially this one since it has RAM caching on (loads commonly used PHP files into RAM rather than reading it off the hard drive).

Why have RAM if you aren't going to use it? ;)

On purpose. Unlike home PCs which need to keep some available for new programs, all webservers try and use as much RAM as they can, especially this one since it has RAM caching on (loads commonly used PHP files into RAM rather than reading it off the hard drive).

Why have RAM if you aren't going to use it? ;)

Just like the database server.. it caches frequently used tables and queries so we get faster response times, and less load on the server. We use 2GB just for SQL cache, plus another GB for sort tables and index buffers. There is a lot of configuration behind the scenes that we do to optimize the performance of the servers... and it requires a lot of ram. :)

Its morning on the 27th here. You guys are waay behind :p
Only news I have at the moment is "the power is off".. we probably have to delay the move a day or two.. UGH!

Next upgrade, I will fly across country and do it myself to make sure it is ontime and not two months late plus added delays.

Sorry to everyone for the lack of downtime.. :|

I think that is the first UPTIME apology I have ever seen... LMAO!

:lmao:

Best thing I've ever heard... Sorry for the Lack of Downtime :rolleyes:

Tomorrow the server swap will be done.

Any hosted sites (LFS and others) have their FTP disabled for 48 hours while we do the swaps..