Advice needed on a needlessly complicated handyman project

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I feel like an idiot asking here, but we're a wide cross-section, and thought I'd get a few clever ideas.

So, normally, I'm a fairly handy guy, and can usually come up with a solution to anything that's come up with a 20 minute wander through a Home Depot.

This one's got me stumped, mostly because It has to be done on the uber-cheap. If money weren't an issue, I'd just buy a taller ladder.

Essentialy, I have a 4foot wide, 4ft thick roll of bubble-wrap hanging from the ceiling, but it's in a stupid place. The only reason it's there, is because there were already bolts and chain hanging from the ceiling. I'd like to move it.

Here's where it gets tricky.
1) The ceiling is over 18 feet high.
2) The ceiling is 30+ year-old concrete
3) The ceiling is painted, no doubt with lead paint.
4) The tallest ladder I have access to is 10-12 feet
5) I am not 10 feet tall.
6) Needs to be load bearing up to 50-70 lbs, pulling straight down from the ceiling.
7) I don't have a way to cut angle-iron to make a wall-brace strong enough to hold out a 40lb roll of bubble wrap 4 1/2 feet out from the wall.
8) It would be impossible to get a ladder to the location, as, due to narrow stairways, sharp turns and low ceilings, the 10-12 foot ladder barely fits.

The only option I can think of:
1) Cut a 8x8x1 square of wood, drill a hole through the center, counter sunk from the back
2) Feed en eye-bolt through from the back.
3) Repeat, to make a pair
4) Add adhesive (gorilla glue, unless someone has a better alternative)
5) Use poles to lift into place, and hold into place, while someone else uses other poles to add straps of duct tape to hold it in place until the glue dries.

This poses several problems.
1) This will be annoying, will require several people, and we'll probably end up with gorilla glue in our hair.
2) The glue won't be sticking to the concrete...only to the layer of paint applied to the concrete. I'd rather not do any sanding, since it's most likely lead paint.
3) I have no idea if it'll be strong enough for a permanent installation where we'll be tugging straight down with the bubble wrap, not including any extra weight/force applied during roll-replacement.

Any thoughts? I know I'm just not thinking of something obvious...

Oh, and I've already asked for Spiderman's help, but I've already used up my "everybody gets one."

Can you post a photo of the problem spot? I'm having a hard time visualizing it today.

Can you post a photo of the problem spot? I'm having a hard time visualizing it today.
^^^^

You lost me too. And by lost I mean I got to the bubble wrap and four nails part and stopped reading cuz I was already confused. :?

Are you essentially trying to make a thing so you can pull bits off the roll? Like a giant toilet-roll holder?

How high does the roll need to be? Do you have access to carpentry equipment?

18ft? don't you have sliding tripple part ladders, they go almost to 10m, with only being 4m long

Post some pictures and I'll see if I can Macgyver something up for you, it's one of my many tallents.

Basically, I want to attack some hooks to a concrete ceiling I can't reach. I'm going to hang chains down to hold a huge roll of bubble wrap, so yeah...it's kinda like I'm hanging a giant roll of toilet paper.

The ceiling is higher than I can reach with any ladder I have access to...

I've got a hammer drill, I've got masonry bits...I just can't reach the ceiling. I know...silly, huh?

Does it HAVE to be hung? What about 2 simple A-frame legs with a bar connecting them that holds the bubble wrap?

ummmmmm.... I have a few other ideas, but they involve some pretty odd stuff... pics would certainly help... even a crude powerpoint drawing might be of assistance!

what about renting a scaffold? They come in pretty small pieces, and you just assemble it to whatever height... hell I have even put ladders on TOP of scaffold to run fiber optic lines before! It is not the safest thing, but there are far worse options!

Why not do it like any 2 year old would do? Get a bunch of random junk together and just start stacking it till you can reach your objective?

I'd go with what Scott suggested. I've worked on a construction site for a bit in the past, and scaffolding's easy to set up and take down. If set up correctly, it's also very safe. Scaffolding's a bit expensive to rent, however. Have you any friends that are in construction?