AE86 Frozen in Time...

Initial_B

Car(s)
2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs (a 4-door Lotus)
Last edited:
:jawdrop:

I was quite worried until I saw he turns the engine over with a wrench. Leaving a car sitting can actually be worse than driving it a little.

I was quite worried until I saw he turns the engine over with a wrench. Leaving a car sitting can actually be worse than driving it a little.

Yeah, that's a very good point. On the other hand, it's not such a great amount of work to rebuild if the owner ever decides to start using the thing. I consider this a museum piece, not a "barn" find.

But you're 100% right that generally letting the car sit instead of using it is the worst thing you can do.

And oh. That old Corolla is just so much want. Even without pop-up headlights! :)

An old Toyota Corolla.

How... inter...esting... :dunno:

It's not just any Corolla!

It's one that has an MR2 engine, except without being mid engined. And without independent rear suspension. And without the cool mini-supercar looks. Oh well, it's worth 10 times as much as an MR2 all the same.

It's not just any Corolla!

It's one that has an MR2 engine, except without being mid engined. And without independent rear suspension. And without the cool mini-supercar looks. Oh well, it's worth 10 times as much as an MR2 all the same.

And still a Corolla...I guess it's neat being that mint new.

An old Toyota Corolla.

It's only interesting because of the fame of the Ae86 in the japanese drifting scene. Google or youtube 'Initial D' they probably don't have that show in Norway I'm guessing.

An old Toyota Corolla.

yea, because it look like every other Corolla you see every day, oh wait, no it doesn't...

weather the owner is actually planning to drive this car again is up for debate. but since this guy is a mechanic, he knew better than just throwing a new car in a basement and not touch it. he knew it would be more of a waste if he didn't turn the motor every now and then. starting it up the standard way and running the engine would of worn the engine over time and he knew that if he's the type the person i think he is (OCD), then hand cranking the engine is a better alternative.

yea, because it look like every other Corolla you see every day, oh wait, no it doesn't...

It does actually. All Toyota's look the same.

It's only interesting because of the fame of the Ae86 in the japanese drifting scene. Google or youtube 'Initial D' they probably don't have that show in Norway I'm guessing.

I've heard about it but it's never interested me.

As an aircraft mechanic my fear would be dry engine and transmissioon seals dry rotting after time. It may pop leaks all over the place.

Yep. That car will need an engine rebuild to become drivable. Thankfully not too big a job for that engine.

:motherofgod:

I need that car.

Interesting fact, back when the Initial D live action movie was being filmed they Got Toyota to build 2 or 3 brand new AE86's. I don't know the fate of those but also want.

I'm with ahdapt. It's just a Corolla. And it's white. It's a kitchen appliance.

It is cool to see any older car in mint condition, but it really isn't anything to get all worked up over. This is just some random Corolla that's been worshiped by a "scene" of youths just because they saw this car on TV and "drifting" exhibitions. :mrgreen:

Uh yes, looks just like a white good to me...

@ 16:36 , my microwave goes out and beats GT-Rs all the time

HERP DERP

The point of the 86 wasn't that it was the best car out of the box, it was that it was a perfect tuning platform - a very strong engine, rear wheel drive, limited slip diff. Then over time it became a classic as it was.

Last edited: