Age difference in a relationship

Last edited:
What can a 32 year old possibly find appealing about a 16 year old?

Have you seen 16 year olds these days?

(note: ^still wouldn't make me cross that line, seems fucked up, especially if your looking for something in a relationship other than sex. My girlfriend, who is one year younger, is would flip shit if she saw this thread. She HATES this kind of stuff. )

And this is what happens. *click*

Well that sucks.

Have you seen 16 year olds these days?

haha. yeah, I was just thinking about some of the girls in Portland.
Most of 'em get all frumpy and out of shape as early as 22... which is why we're one of the ugliest cities in the US.
It's rainy, cold, and people often don't give much thought to the way they look here.

In other words, the best looking girls in P-town are probably 19 - 21 year olds..

And if Hotpants was dating your sister you would judged this differently, but it doesn't matter since it is not your sister?

Judgmental, self-righteous and now presumptive.

My younger sister did date an older guy and he became a good friend, in fact I was the one who tried to console him when she ripped his heart out (actions she blamed on a lack of relationship experience). I even lived with him for a short time, we still meet up... and my parents loved him, they still get together for dinner sometimes.

I've never met Hotpants.

The age of consent laws are written to protect those of similar ages from getting lynched by society, not a child dating somebody twice his/her age.

No, that's what close-in-age laws do, it's even there in the name for you, close-in-age. If you're over the age of consent, age is of no relevance. Your imaginary line (you haven't even attempted to define) is just your moral preference.

BTW, in Japan you're considered a minor until your 20th birthday. How does that fit in with your theory? I thought 18 was the magic number?

Why is it you always quote things out of context? And the guy posted this on a forum trying to find out it was ok to other people, so yes I made a judgment.

The first statement was made toward High Voltage who already said this

Would I feel the same if it were my 16-year-old sister we are talking about? Of course not. But only because she will be a part of my family and I will be entitled to being outraged and judge that other person.

Here at least, the age of consent laws are the close in age laws. There have been convictions for stuff like Hotpants is doing. And here you are considered an adult at 18.

Why is it you always quote things out of context?

Here at least, the age of consent laws are the close in age laws. There have been convictions for stuff like Hotpants is doing. And here you are considered an adult at 18.

I don't know what you're complaining about. The quotes are what they are.

The law disagrees with you. Speaking of law...

Same sex marrigage and this situation are completely different...

Yes they are. Where you live a 16 year can legally date a 32 year old, but nobody can "commit the abominable and detestable crime against nature", also known as sodomy. First offence, minimum 15 years in prison, second offence, maximum life in prison. Not to mention that fellatio is also illegal.

I guess we should all just live life according to our (your?) personal morals and forget the law?

??

Reasoning??

Makes him feel like a man?

Last edited:
My best friend(girl), when she was around 14-15 she dated a guy who was 22.

When I met him .... I so wanted to just go apeshit on his ass! How desperate can you get? seriously!

Also, my other best friend is the same age as me and there is this 15 year old who has a crush on him ... I said no, 16 going on 17 dating a 20 year old, I think that is acceptable.

Topic not locked, Hotpants got banned.........que?

Weird thread got really, really weird.:blink:

I don't see the point in banning him. He didn't violate any rules here.

This thread makes me yearn for the FinalGear of yesteryear.

Oh, and this isn't just in reference to the OP but to most of the replies in here.

What exactly defines FinalGear of yesteryear?

When for the most part everyone was reserved. The NSFW section has certainly helped, hence the reason I am not subscribing to that section. I don't want to know what lurks in the minds of some of you! :lol:

Maybe this thread should have belonged there, or should be moved. :dunno: