Ownership Verified: Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

I don't know, I've driven a few LHD cars and haven't really had issues - just got to be more careful when entering traffic.

just got to be more careful when entering traffic.

Overtaking and going round roundabouts is challenging. I'm use to it now, second nature when I drive the D.

2hg5lyx.jpg

Volvo 2.8 V6

If I had a DeLorean I'd rip out that 133hp Renualt V6 and replace it with something proper. So it's a good thing that I don't own a DeLorean!

Beautiful machine nonetheless! Enjoy it in good health.

A Northstar can fix that. :p

If I had a DeLorean I'd rip out that 133hp Renualt V6 and replace it with something proper. So it's a good thing that I don't own a DeLorean!

:lol:

If she was in bad shape mechanically, I would get the mechanicals from an Opel Speedster and slot it straight in, with added boost. ;)

lcc.jpg

Here's one I prepared earlier. :p

Last edited:
LOVE this car. Lovelovelove.

Got a heap of pics :p

10nud6r.jpg

Flux Capacitor signed by the Doc last November 2011

vnm146.jpg

Run for it Marty!

2dugufd.jpg

rk8m1e.jpg

You officially have the coolest car on Final Gear, nothing else even comes close, nothing.

Outside of prop cars I've seen at Universal Studios, I've only seen 4 of them in person in my entire life, and all of them were at a local midnight screening of the first movie about 7 years ago.

Last edited:
Awesome car, and rare. I've actually seen one... in the back of a tow truck. :D Never saw the interior of one, though.

Thanks for your kind comments everyone! :)

I believe you've already seen this, but here's my personal pilgrimage to seeing a DeLorean in the metal.

http://hooniverse.com/2011/04/07/stainless-steel-stays-in-style-in-finland/

Yes! I remember your write up on here. Not sure if I had replied back saying that I was taking delivery of mine back then? Maybe not ......

Even though all Deloreans look the same, they are not.

Early VINS had the antenna built into the windscreens, grooved hoods with gas flap and dark coloured rims. Then an update came with lighter coloured rims with the antenna in the front fender as owners complained about the reception. Owners then complained that the gas flap cut their hands everytime they filled up, so they altered that in production. Then owners complained the front fender antenna was ugly and this was relocated to the rear of the car. Then in the last production run (only for 2 years - several were built at the end of 82 were reVINned as 83) came with smooth bonnets with no grooves and a delorean worded badge on the corner of the bonnet. Also during it's short life cycle, the interior clock was omitted and a different style of wheels were replaced. You literally have to have both sets together to notice the difference.

As for mine, the PO had sourced a set of Polished rims. Wasn't sure at the time, but seeing them in person, I actually do like them. Also an extra was the cluster was swapped when a new binnacle was replaced. So she will go over 88mph!! :woot:

ac35mb.jpg

I photoshopped in the "flux symbol" as a shit stir.

Last edited:
Oh, yes. Coolest car ever in my book, and most definitely one of the coolest on the Internet. ;)

I really wanted a manual Delorean, but the condition on this one and extensive maintenance history was too good not to miss. Kinda of glad it's an auto. Slot her into D (excuse the pun) and i sit back and cruise. :)

Last edited: