Ownership Verified: Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Credit to the PO, he really looked after her.

I'm pretty jealous. I will own a DMC some day.

I said the same thing to myself many, many years ago and finally did it! :)

a8hs6.jpg

16kom5v.jpg

51awqb.jpg

1zfjwuo.jpg

3506nn6.jpg

zli8m.jpg

Some pics from a pro-photographer I bumped into.

dwvxqs.jpg

The attention she gets everytime I take her out.

I'm now wondering if Viper still has the receipt for the......er.......Viper! :lol:

Very cool car, you seem to be dealing with and overcoming its foibles.

And get plenty I'd wager!

:cool:

Thanks for the comments again everyone! :)

Very cool car, you seem to be dealing with and overcoming its foibles.

And get plenty I'd wager!

:cool:

:lol:

Everytime when I fill her up with petrol, at least one person is walking around with a camera phone take snaps or a vid. Even at the lights, people honk their horns or give me the tumbs up with a huge grin on their face. Driving down the road, in the mirrors you can see the driver balancing their phone on the steering wheel trying to get a picture. You will always get the question "has it / where is the flux capacitor?" I'm happy if people are happy when they see or touch the car. Beautiful cars should be shared and experienced by motorheads. Not locked up in some garage in a bubble. Hence why there are so many photos, she gets out and about when the weather is nice and not too hot. :)

Last edited:
:lol:

Everytime when I fill her up with petrol, at least one person is walking around with a camera phone take snaps or a vid. Even at the lights, people honk their horns or give me the tumbs up with a huge grin on their face. Driving down the road, in the mirrors you can see the driver balancing their phone on the steering wheel trying to get a picture. You will always get the question "has it / where is the flux capacitor?" I'm happy if people are happy when they see or touch the car. Beautiful cars should be shared and experienced by motorheads. Not locked up in some garage in a bubble. Hence why there are so many photos, she gets out and about when the weather is nice and not too hot. :)

You just proved you deserve such a cool car.
Amen!

WaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT...

public said:
Perhaps you can get an example in just a bit better condition ? and you can, if you?ve ever visited the delorean.com website. Down in Austin, Texas, they can still assemble you your very own dream DeLorean, just the way you like it.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

dsjioafkl'kmaqdl;fkmoeplwsd'fjkmo,cp'.adso;jfodlp'a/jfodpsljakfmld;k'afe,l;q'lpfjpofjedopas'fdj;lsf

WHERE IN AUSTIN IS THIS MAGICAL FAIRYTALE LAND OF BRUSHED SHINYNESS?!

Website says Humble. I don't trust those kooks--they can't even pronounce their "h" right.

Last edited:
It's in Houston. I bodged up that little detail in the article.

Delorean in Texas can build a new(er) Delorean at your request depending how deep your pocket is! Looks the same, but with enhancements to try to bring the Delorean to modern standards. You can go crazy and opt for the SS chassis which I think is $10K on it's own. If the website is running, you can kind of build your own, tick the relevant boxes and of course, you can call them up and discuss other details. ;)

Recently they released a Supercharger Kit for the Volvo engine .......... bloody tempting!!

osqx78.jpg

250HP (depends on the health of the original motor and transmission)

You just proved you deserve such a cool car.

:lol: Thanks! I'm just like all you guys on this forum, we have a strong passion for most things on 4 wheels, so there's respect for anything we drive. Just some cars are just rare and to experience it, it's like hitting the jackpot. All the people that have crossed the Delorean's path have said "Never seen one before mate." My reply is "Well, she's popped your cherry then!" :lol:

2hd45qs.jpg

Here's a pic with the original Oregon number plate. ;)

but the toll-booth window you are referring to is that small for a reason. When they did a prototype with the glass lowered into the door, it made it too heavy cause the door not to open properly.
:rofl: Gotta love leverage effect.

Awesome car and cool pictures - mad props to you, sir!

Stop stealing our cars! Give it back! :(

:lol: If they had sold Deloreans in OZ, then we wouldn't grab them from your continent.

You could always buy them back Viper. ;)

Whoah, how did I miss this! :blink:

Great to see one in deserving hands :)

Some close ups of the SS texture .............

2dtrrq9.jpg

21nl0kh.jpg

359n3x5.jpg

65mvd1.jpg

mb50mw.jpg

33w9wnm.jpg

So awesome! I love the DMC12. I too will one day own one.

When they were doing the 25th anniversary special showing of BTTF a year and a half ago, a local owner brought his down to the theater. It was barricaded off (and probably for the better), but I stuck around chatting to the owner for an hour, and he let me sit in it when the crowd died down.