Ah, finally a car that runs...

MXM

I paid for this title
2 months... TWO BLOODY MONTHS! That's how much I had to endure the horror that is Finnish railways. One would think that snow is nothing special in Finland? But apparently it's a reason enough to cancel half of the trains and route every other one 25mins behind the schedule. Or just stop the whole freaking railway traffic because of the accident in the central station and not even tell the people waiting for an hour in -25 C on a tiny open station. You have the loudspeakers there! You have digital screens! Argh..

But anyways, I'm ranting again.

So both my cars being in somewhat a project state, I needed a basic, reliable motor to get me every day to work. But of course it had to be an RWD. There's snow outside after all, driving FWD is almost a crime!

Long story short, I wanted a W124, but after test driving one (not a prime example, to be fair) I decided that big Merc is not for me. Then good people of #gear.fi pointed me into E34's direction, and here's the result:

Don't have any other pics yet, maybe later this week after a wash. It's a 1996 E34 520i with a smooooooth I6 24V. Not the quickest car, and not the lightest. But it's perfect for what I need right now, a basic utility vehicle with a suspension that can be played with in this excellent weather ;)

And yes, I hate these wheels too.

And to comply with our new rules:

Driving a fwd car in this weather is not almost a crime, it is a crime.

Excellent choice, apart from the wheels, and polish those taillights asap. Manual or auto, leather or cloth interior, and LSD or not?

EDIT: And I also have a deep rooted, passionate hatred for VR.

Manual, cloth, no LSD. Also an ugly gray dashboard.

But in a very very good shape. BrotherMichael and frankiess can attest, they kindly came for a test-drive to intimidate the seller with a scary black S8 ;)

Manual, cloth, no LSD. Also an ugly gray dashboard.

But in a very very good shape. BrotherMichael and frankiess can attest, they kindly came for a test-drive to intimidate the seller with a scary black S8 ;)

The seller probably thought BrotherMichael was part of the russian mafia. :)

EDIT: And I also have a deep rooted, passionate hatred for VR.

:blink: Really. For all the time you have been here, you never struck me as a person who was passionate about anything!

Back to the OP, it is uh...oh, I don't know, BM-riffic.

Good luck MXM ^^.

In the meantime:

57_downarrow.gif

Somehow i remember some strange mxm-guy not liking the e34, especially the interior. that exactly guy tried an old merc than and now ended up with... oh what a suprise :D.

ok, to be fair: good choice, hope got some more luck with that car and you wont regret it. and as you already had fun with it, i only can wish you more of it :)

Also approve, well done. :thumbup:
There is still a lot of winter to come, two months of railway is more than enough! :(

You could out those wheels on ebay or similar, someone will have them. Don?t look good on the BMW.

Colour?

Await post wash & valet pics later in the week. :)