Ownership Verified: AkiH's Nissan Primera GT

There's always something to fix. Here are couple of the latest.

New wiper pivot assys.

P1110260_zpse1636b2a.jpg

OEM (Valeo) headlights.

P1110316_zpsa94683f1.jpg

Next thing to buy might be new brake rotors.

---

Moved couple of pics to different folder, here is the engine bay and picture of winter look again.

P1100795_zps17578ffc.jpg

P1110136_zpsae38a676.jpg

Last edited:
Little bit of bling bling for Primera.

P1110392_zps1acd0aa0.jpg

This passed MOT today, nothing to complain about.

P1120206_zps856ebf4e.jpg

P1120367_zpsc939b393.jpg

Hi Aki.

Your still going strong with your addiction to Datsun-Nissan's ;) Remember reading about them in autofoorumi some years ago. GT looks and seems to be great condition.

Here's some recent material, historic BTCC or STCC as they call it.
[video=youtube;Aa-xwuWqH70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-xwuWqH70[/video]

Cheers
SamuliS

Hi Aki.

Your still going strong with your addiction to Datsun-Nissan's ;)

Craziness is strong with this one / old habits die hard. :D It is nice to be remembered. It would be nice to see you on Autofoorumi again, we have open door politics going on at the moment if you haven't noticed. :thumbup:

Thanks for that video, I've been watching old BTCC races over the winter and that new video is a real treat for me.

Last edited:
Primera went kaputt 1,5 weeks ago.

It blew head gasket (Surprise, surprise, it is my car after all).

Over 400 kms from home (Had to use train to get home, worst punishment ever).

Being repaired at Nissan dealer. They will change timing chain for the same effort. Patiently waiting for the end sum of the bill (very many eurodollars).

I must really like this car too. :think:

Sorry to hear :(

But why stealership? That's quite probably going to cost more than the car.

The price estimates were about the same (700-800 ? for head gasket change) no matter where I asked. The dealer had experience working with that kind of cars and they told me they could change the timing chain without separating car and engine.

Probably that will cost about the same than the value of this car, but it needed to be fixed. I really like this car, the bodywork is good (never been welded) and those usual places have already been repaired (lots of new parts in it).

P1150746_zps0af817c0.jpg

800 ? isn't too bad. I thought you'd be in the four-figures with the first number being some other than 1.

Sounds surprisingly affordable. Nice to hear that it survived as it seems like a nice example.

How special is the GT? I just get this feeling that it isn't just the usual "spordy" trim level.

Main differences compared to normal Primeras are the 150 hp SR20DE engine and lower, stiffer suspension, factory body kit and GT-alloy wheels. Then there's half leather sport seats, air conditioning, on-board computer. Nothing so special at today's standards but maybe a hint of luxury when it was new?

Little piece of brochure, in Finnish. That is from 1997. For 1999 add, side airbags and back seat with third head rest and 3 point seat belt, that is pretty much what I got.

Primera_esite_zpsfb03142c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

800 ? isn't too bad. I thought you'd be in the four-figures with the first number being some other than 1.
The final sum is still to guess, while the car is still under repair.

Then there's half leather sport seats, air conditioning, on-board computer. Nothing so special at today's standards but maybe a hint of luxury when it was new?

For a japanese car in Europe in 1997, I'd say yes, that wasn't par for the course. Most people that bought a primvensiscord in 1997 went for a basic model.

Then again, most European sedans of the era with a reasonable spec level has been imported second hand from Sweden and Germany.

I got Primera back on tuesday, it is running perfectly now. It cost pretty much what I tought it would be, 1669 ?. Should be fine now. :mrgreen:

P1150813_zps49e6d795.jpg

Did uh... Did they ever make that generation or the Primera in any other colour than that? off hand I can't really recall ever seeing one in any other colour? :?

An acquaintance of mine once had one, in this same colour of course, and it was sort of alright, I didn't particularly like the seat back then, but then again, it was around the time I had a Ford Sierra. I recall the engine was quite nice.

There were other colors, but this AP0 (Cinnabar Red if you were an Englishman) is quite common.

Will strike back with a brochure scan when I get back home again.

Paint chart from 1998.

Vaumlrit_zps7107fdf1.jpg

That shade of turkoosi is a color that I associate only with the P11 Primera. :lol:

Cerice red is kind of kinky too. :p

jaf2012_37.jpg