AkiH's Nissans

Vintage Datsun trucks are awesome. I actually love the paint scheme!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Beauty and the Beast. :lol:

P1180814_zpsu2cfzjv8.jpg

I don't think their natural habitat is Helsinki and other similar regions. They seem to like these rural corners of eastern Finland better. :mrgreen: Less salt, more open spaces.

Our Lestadio neighbours had one to move their 15 kids around (real lesta bus), it looked the same, with never ending rust fixes on low part of car, but that's over 20 years ago.
Is it with 3.0 6 NA diesel?

Last edited:
SD33 = 3,3 (3246 cm?) litre non-turbo six cylinder diesel with 4 speed gearbox. This is one from 1981, so it is one of those earlier examples.

P1180813_zps6fz8al0k.jpg

Last edited:
Did someone mention rust?

Blue Sunny's original front fender started to rot quite heavily. Finally I managed to find cheap (=5 ?) and tidy fender in right colour, so some body maintenance was to be done.

P1190837_zpsuiifgybb.jpg

This is where I started...

P1190838_zpsnflvfj7z.jpg

After some minor rust fixing, bondo filling, painting with brush, installing, fine tuning and waxing it started to look like this. Better?

P1190845_zpsny7yjqq0.jpg

I think that the freshly installed fender is a bit different shade of blue than the rest of the car. It might have faded differently in past 30 years. No biggie.

P1190846_zpszz2rheoo.jpg

P1190847_zpslkfstfxs.jpg

Judging from the photos, I'd say close enough. Nice fix :)

To clarify my previous post: I made those small fixes to that better fender, not the rusty old one. I'm not that good in making things nice and beautiful.

Another cheap scrap yard goodie, B12-Sunny Coup? seats. Front seats will be straight bolt-on into blue N13-Sunny. These are the same seats used in Sunny GTi and they are a bit more supportive than original ones.

P1200093_zpsernogc7b.jpg

P1200094_zpsy9fzjzvz.jpg

The Coup? that seats are from has sat in the scrap yard for about ten years, so there is some crap and mildew on them. Thorough washing is needed before seats can be installed. Cloth parts are still in good condition, apart from two cigarette burnt holes.

If I remember right, you have sat on similar seats before?

Last edited:
For years :)

Our coupe is stored in a barn right now, and it's not completely out of the question that it would be sold at some point. The 3spd auto is probably a dealkiller to quite a few buyers, I believe. Some of the previous restoration work needs re-restoring by now.

Some people have earlier complained about Coup?'s tow bar, they say I should remove it. If it was removed, how could I then pull that 80's K?rpp?-trailer? :mrgreen:

P1200416_zpskjk5x5tg.jpg

This Morning I got a call that the seats are washed and ready to be picked up. I swapped seats right away. I may have to restore those original seats, because in some spots you can feel that seat cushions are a bit tired. Cloth parts are luckily still in pretty good condition.

I started from here... (notice those lovely original accessories floor mats)

P1200418_zpsiztacns1.jpg

P1200419_zpshhk74xsu.jpg

and ended in here.

P1200421_zpsay1aaqzj.jpg

P1200420_zpslxpxyspc.jpg

I also installed switches for seat heaters while I was at it. I like that wiring harness, because it has plugs for all those options, which has been available for more expensive models.