AkiH's Nissans

AkiH

Car(s)
Nissan B11 x 4, N13, P11, 160, K12
Your opinions are in line with my friends' thoughts, they also said these wheels are ugly. Makes me want to use them even more. :LOL:

AkiH

Car(s)
I was trying to find a pair of new bumpers for Wagon. It wasn't supposed to be a very difficult task, but it got a lot harder when spare parts storage og Nissan Club of Finland burned down. :cry: Luckily, after some hunting I now have NOS bumpers and brackets for them. Front one had waited for a suitable buyer for some time, label had a date of 12.6.1998.

From front to back: front, back and US-Sentra front bumper. I don't know why someone had that kind of part in Finland. It came with right kind of bumper bracket. Those will be installed in some distant future. Next goal is to get this inspected (needs a little bit of welding and re-adjustment of rear brakes) and wheel alignment check. Perhaps I could drive it to Nissan club summer meet in couple of weeks?

P1300634 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Couple of smaller finds from breaker yard tour.

P1300637 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

AkiH

Car(s)
"Not good enough!" said mr Inspectorman. He is still a nice guy in my books, real professional. :)

P1300649_sc by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

It wasn't all that bad though considering the time it has stood still. Front brakes were still too sticky and uneven and engine runs a bit too rich. That is all. I have to make a suitable carburator tool by filing a notch in flat screw driver. No more rust was found, two patches were welded before testing.

After failing inspection I drove Wagon to my home for "happy family reunion". Pics taken with my 5 € back up camera, they are a bit unsharp.

DSCN2121_sc by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

DSCN2110_sc by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Three Triumphs and a Volvo estate
Pics taken with my 5 € back up camera, they are a bit unsharp.

Pretty sure you just posted pictures you took in 1995...

AkiH

Car(s)
Pretty sure you just posted pictures you took in 1995...

Was that a wish? ;)

SEO3.jpg

SEO1.jpg

SEO2.jpg

House and garage are a still unfinished, but there is my parents new Passat already bought, so those are from around 1996. That's me in the front seat. :LOL:

AkiH

Car(s)
Yesterday I visited inspection center again, now with better results. There were still some difference in brakes between front corners and I had to fine tune fuel/air mixture with CO-meter. It is good for one year now and I can pat my own back for saving this to be exhanged to a electric bike, in part of scrappage scheme.

Last evening I glued traditional red stripes around the car and this morning the wheel alignments were adjusted.

P1300673 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1300689 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Primary goal achieved, what to do next?

AkiH

Car(s)