AkiH's Nissans

AkiH

Car(s)
Nissan B11 x 4, N13, P11, 160, K12, K10
Greetings from Finland!

Nissan Sunny 1.5 GL, model year 1985
This Sunny is my first own car. It was bought in January 2005.

Sunny.jpg

Nissan Sunny 1.5 GL, model year 1986
This identical twin of the first Sunny was bought in March 2007. I have found rims and hubcabs later from friends and car events.

vahattuph0.jpg

Kapselit.jpg

Nissan Sunny 1.5 GL, model year 1985
This Coup? was found from scrap yard in September 2007. It had only blown it's cylinder head gasket and had few holes in the floor. My uncle fixed those and it was re-registered in August 2008.

edestyp3.jpg

takaagk4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just curious, but what do you like about Sunnys?

I'm just curious, but what do you like about Sunnys?

They are cheap to buy and use and very reliable. They also bring up nostalgic memories, because my dad used to have one when I was a kid.

Ah, a fellow Sunny lover! I greet thee!

Aren't they great little cars? I have one similar to this:

Nissan%20Sunny%20K%20Reg.jpg

This Coup? was found from scrap yard in September 2007. It had only blown it's cylinder head gasket and had few holes in the floor. My uncle fixed those and it was re-registered in August 2008.

"only" a head gasket? Most people would declare a car dead for good with a bad head gasket..

I'll give thwo thumps up on the minilite wheels you have on the 86 :D
Unfortunately they aren't Minilites, they are GBs. Can I still have one thumb up?

Tykit.jpg

Aren't they great little cars?
Yes they are. :) My little brother drives a N13 and my mother has Micra (K10). I prefer B11 models.

"only" a head gasket? Most people would declare a car dead for good with a bad head gasket..
Yes, only a head gasket. I assumed it had cracked it's cylinder head and we were prepared for changing the engine, but fortunately that thought was wrong. It has suprisingly little rust for a twenty year old Japanese car.

Coup? looked like this when I found it from scrap yard in August 2007.

Coup2etu.jpg

Coup2taka.jpg

During the summer 2008 my uncle fixed the engine and some rust holes.

Original seats had holes in the cloth so I decided to replace them with Cherry N12 seats.

Original front seats.

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/7674/etuvanhafy5.jpg

Original rear bench.

Cherry front seats.

http://img144.imageshack.**/img144/658/etuuusius9.jpg

Cherry rear bench.

Cleaner and wax can be good for old paint. :lol:

http://img113.imageshack.**/img113/915/konepeltimo6.jpg

Woah...thats like magic. Congratulations! It really looks good!

I have big respect for people who take good care of their cars, even though they aren't very expensive. I hate all the idiots who think a cheap second hand car is something to throw in the bin, and not bother with repairs.

So you have three of the same car?.... Finnish MattDizzle?

Oi! :) I've only got two! :lol:

Awesome cars, that hatchback really makes me want a Corolla GTS or Mazda 323 :)

Rubbish Nissans Club, represent! :lol: I like your taste in reasonably priced motoring... :thumbsup:

I got set of Mangels Triangulo chrome wheels as a gift from my friend. She didn't have any use for them, so she gave them to me. At first they looked bad, but with some work and right tools they turned out to be pretty good.

This one was worst looking of them all. 20 years of road use had left it's marks.

Paskainen_Mankeli.jpg

After some scrubbing with steel wool with soap, most of the dirt was gone.

Puhtaampi_Mankeli.jpg

All scrubbing done, then polished with chrome cleanser and car wax. I was surprised, because there actually wasn't any rust.

Valmis_Mankeli.jpg

Last edited: