AkiH's Nissans

This blue Sunny is originally the lowest spec L-model. Smaller 1.3-litre engine, no 5th gear, no side mouldings, no remote adjustable mirrors, no adjustable intermitted wiper, no seat heaters, no clock, no tinted glasses, no illuminated cigarete lighter etc etc... Real Suomi-spec car, for a price of GTi-Coup? you got two of these. I have added some goodies, but it is still easily returned its original state if necessary.

[video=youtube;A09K1b-pQaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09K1b-pQaY[/video]

Pienell? laitolla paaliin?

Just a little bit of rust. Nothing that wash and polish couldn't fix. :p I liked that part, when that Sentra snapped in half.

Here it goes again, we found tidier body parts for Patrol. I knew that this would get out of hands sooner or later. :lol: It now seems that Patrol will be another keeper car.

This is where we started, some one else had already bought some technical bits. Otherwise this was much tidier than ours, but it had over 6300 ? unpaid taxes on it's back. :cry: Thats is why it was to be slaughtered.

P1200682_zpsbmors1rk.jpg

Originally we were after those good doors and tailgate. There was some minor corrosion in front doors, but for old Patrol doors these are fine. Maybe even good doors over all?

P1200690_zpsm9sr0cho.jpg

P1200693_zpsvw27gjns.jpg

P1200692_zpsvjsjafo4.jpg

P1200694_zpsuabiyajv.jpg

P1200695_zpsquw9jzxe.jpg

P1200696_zpsfjxucbw9.jpg

While we were at it, we also bought better front fenders and that part what belongs under front grille.

P1200691_zpscqkz96ol.jpg

It even had protection bar under the bumper.

P1200689_zpsgom8dpuy.jpg

This might be the main culprit for that taxation problem, nearly 1000 ? annual tax. Back in the days it was possible to turn these into "van" with 2+3 seating arrangements with hard rear seat with maximum of 5 cm of padding. This meant that original seats went pretty much into scraps, because turning back into 5 or 7-seater passenger car cost you very much.

P1200688_zpsqwp5qt61.jpg

This is hilarious. :lol: I always knew there was some kind of cat-like agility around, but didn't quite expect this.

That ads. :lol: From the time when Nissan actually made good effort selling cars.

Great cars by the way. It's always good to see these being cherished. :) Most sadly have been run into the ground. Come to think of it. Sunny coupe are very rare now, but there's a mint coupe I still see running around. I will try to find some picture to go into random car sighting.

Now with some added sportyfeel!

Blue Sunny got those quite rare 14" GTi-wheels and new brake discs and pads, while it was jacked up. They might not be the most beautiful set of wheels, but they not the worst either. The wheels are not in mint condition, they have scratches, grime and some corroded bits and they are lacking center caps. Anyone got a set to spare?

Should I paint and install that two hole grille while I'm at it or is it better as original?

P1210050_zpsqx1sngtk.jpg

P1210052_zpsbm31sfzb.jpg

I also installed steering wheel from Sunny Coup? (B12), sits quite nice in its place.

P1210055_zpsa8noay6c.jpg

Unfortunately the seller forgot to mention that it is missing a plastic collar piece that controls horn and turn signal return function. Not to mention how ugly it looks this way. I asked if he has that missing part, we'll see how it turns out.

P1210044_zpsjoalyibs.jpg

Last edited:
We have that part and the rest of the car, want to throw offers? :p

I'm not so good at throwing things. :cry:

I was at Lahti Classic Motorshow too with my blue Sunny and finally met some FinalGear forum members face to face. :thumbsup:

P1210556_zpsypibroqg.jpg

At the moment when some of us found you, I was not around so couldn't meet you <_< But the car looked great in real life too!

I can just imagine that wtf-expression on my face when public suddenly knocked on my window. :shock2:

I can just imagine that wtf-expression on my face when public suddenly knocked on my window. :shock2:

You should've provided some contact details for more subtle approach. :p Too bad I didn't get to meet you either, but some other time. :)

Coup? is on the road again. It might be summer again, although you can't really tell when looking at thermometer or amount of leaves in trees. The latest addition to that car was installing a set of black wheel nut covers instead of those silver ones. Now they really blend in the centre of the wheel. :lol:

P1210994_zps3eswfixg.jpg

P1210995_zpsg2dfw7ut.jpg

Another new find is a grille with additional lights for that blue N13. I haven't yet been able to decide whether that is nice or horrible, but I think that must be tried on. First step is snapping those rusty bolts, then swearing a lot, then disassembling the grille, cleaning and painting it blue.

P1210989_zps3aebadh9.jpg

I might never see another one of these magnificient 80's accessories... oh wait, there is one. :woot:

P1110233_zps1df1c6b0.jpg

That beige Sunny is so 80's it hurts. :lol:

Photobucket broke my pictures, so we have to put some new ones on the show.

At first, we bought a car for my girl friend, this was a good auction find, considering that we bought it without seeing and test driving it beforehands. Nissan Micra 160 SR, registered in 2005.

P1230274 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

That wasn't enough to fulfill my car buying desires, so I simply couldn't resist the temptation, when this showed up listed in Nettiauto.

P1230330 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

So I bought my own Patrol. This was born in 1982, registered in early 1983. It has been driven a little bit under 313000 km. Initially it was bought by city of Imatra and was sold in the early 2000's. Then it was used to hunt moose for couple of years and was after that left standing for 16 years. Now it had been woken up and re-registered as a two seater van. I got those original seats with me. Maybe I try to tidy this up a bit and make this a historic vehicle, although I might lack some skills. It is repainted in some point, but paint quality isn't anywhere near to be called good. Lets see if it gets better with some work. It isn't perfect, there is some bumps and scratches, but it is still quite nice for an old offroader.

P1230333 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

P1230331 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

Got to get rid of those EU-plates.

P1230332 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

Original radio.

P1230328 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

Interior pics and proof of ownership to come after I get it wiped and vacuumed.

Since Photobucket sucks, here is a little reminder of cars I have.

There are this shown above and this...

P1090054 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

and this...

P1100039 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

then of course this...

P1220025 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

and that...

P1220988 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

and I have this too...

P1220105 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

this I owned a couple of hours, then sold to my father. Gave some kind of spark...

P1180368 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr

for buying this latest one.

P1230326 by Aki H?rk?nen, on Flickr