AkiH's Nissans

Nice! Isn't the 160SR some sort of spordy model?

Yes it is, 110 horses of Renault power squeezed from 1,6 litre engine. Pretty nice for a little car and a bit of sleeper in traffic lights. :lol:

Last edited:
EU-plates gone, off-road capabilities tested, Fiskars-shovel needed.

25463197708_86953711c9_o.jpg

I bought yet another set of Nissan original alloy wheels, this time for silver or red B11. They are missing Nissan specific lug nuts and there is some corrosion on them. Luckily they were quite cheap.

Are they great or awful, you decide.

P1230469_sc by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Little bit of update on Patrol.

I had to get my starter rebuild which took ridiculous six weeks to be finished. Car stood still in garage for that time, so I decided to do some polishing for that horrifying rattle can paint. It go a bit better, not anywhere near perfect, but somewhat shinier than what it used to be. Roof needs still urgent repainting, hope summer comes soon.

P1230582 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1230585 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1230586 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Notice those new rear lights, mud flaps and fender blinkers that are now original on both sides.

Who the hell is Ike, who has his signature on my hood? You like Ike, I like Ike, everyone likes Ike...

P1230550 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Interior got a bit fresher with perioid correct seat covers.

P1230619 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

By the way, I visited on the parking lot of the Slaughter Hall, a week before Classic Motorshow. Not too much older cars there at the time. :lol:

P1230621 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

Made a scrap yard run while I was at Lahti region. Now Patrol has better front combination lamps, intact rear glass handle, better bumper corners etc.

P1230665 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1230664 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

After a visit at Finnish Nissan club's spare parts warehouse I now have a pair of brand new bumbers waiting to be installed, alongside that bar which goes under the front bumper.

P1230666 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

That is all for now.

Looks can be deceiving. Sometimes rust lurks from underneath. ;) Not that these are the worst examples of them all, but they have seen their share of welding pistol.

The patrol looks great! I am actually disappointed that I did not get to have a ride in it when you were at Ice track meet! Maybe next time :-D

You should have asked, that could have been arranged. But maybe next time.

Will you visit CMS with this?

No, I won't. I will be at Kurtna/Tagadi swap meet in Estonia at the same time.

I bought yet another set of Nissan original alloy wheels, this time for silver or red B11. They are missing Nissan specific lug nuts and there is some corrosion on them. Luckily they were quite cheap.

Are they great or awful, you decide.

P1230469_sc
by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

I clearly happened to have too much time on my hands because I decided to make these wheels nicer by polishing those lips by hand. Quite a job, luckily I didn't realise that before I started. :) Some time later they look like this. Not nearly perfect, there is some corrosion on those painted parts, but maybe they are good enough. NOS center caps from my parts collection were also installed and I bought right type of nuts to install these on Sunny.

P1280549

Not much new on the car front, except buying myself a tractor last summer. It's a Massey-Ferguson 65 Multipower from 1964.

P1270366

I had an extra valve cover (used) on the shelf and after those wheels I tried to polish it too.

Old one was a little bit dirty, new one on the front.

P1280562 by
Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

And there it is on it's place. Not too shiny, pretty close to original maybe.

P1280567 by
Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

I made a post asking how the heck a patrol can have a transverse engine, until I realized this is a thread about many different Nissans.

There were only three B11-Sunnys when I started this twelve years ago. Now I own B11, B11, B11, N13, P11, 160 and MF65. :LOL: In hindsight it might have been more clear to make separate threads, but what the heck, almost all of them are ugly, boxy and/or from eighties.

Last edited:
I love how old tractors never ever die. They just change owners. Or caretakers, rather. Everything can be repaired and macgyvered to last another decade.

These old Ferguson-tractors are actually fun to repair. You can find almost any parts from local tractor parts store. That is some luxury that I havent really used to working with older Japanese cars. Creativity is sometimes needed to find suitable parts in order to keep them running.

The other day I sold a new steering rod end for a 1930’s McCormick tractor. Straight off the shelf, of course.

... it was for a 2006 and newer Mercedes Sprinter, but it doesn’t matter. It was close enough and the guy owns a welder.