AkiH's Nissans

*nods*

Thanks, it is with badge now.

I got more Sunny GTI-parts installed. I bought almost whole interior from parts donor and fetched these from Hanko after the blockage of Uusimaa-region ended in April. It only took 1500 km of Patrol driving to get there and back.

Front seats are quite sturdy and and rear seats have headrests an side handles. Floor carpet is also black and under that is now heat pipes for rear passengers. Luckily that donor car was also with manual windows, so no extra holes there.

Black dash, different wiring loom and meter cluster with tacho and height adjustable steering column are waiting for suitable time and level of inspiration.

P1290688
by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1290685

P1290687

P1290686

Very nice update! These are the same seats as in a B12 coupe, right?

Front seats are basically the same, except that cloth may be a tad thicker. Rear seats and side cards are N13-GTI-only stuff.

I decided to invest a bit on Patrol's tires, since those old Michelins were over 20 years old, cracked and wobbly. My friend at the tire shop told me that my split ring rims were quite rusty inside and were pain to get open so the wheels were sand blasted and powder coated. They look quite nice now, although they might be a little darker shade than in original promotional pictures.

P1290750_sc

New tires were definitely worth it, Patrol is so much nicer to drive now (for what it is, not actually comfy). I just hope those Good Years will last more than that one good year.

P1290775_sc

This shop works with service heavier machinery too, tractors, trucks and lorries etc., so those were not so uncommon for them. Altough those too are usually tubeless nowadays.

Was it reasonably priced to get the wheels blasted and painted?

More expensive than set of used pickup steel wheels, 150 € + VAT.

I found picture of my Coupé from Instagram. I knew that rear bumber had seen better days, but I hadn't realized it was that bad. :oops:

121634959_458687325092060_2356843744228997169_n.jpg

https://www.picuki.com/media/2421263794078908222

No worries though, new replacement bumber has been waiting in shelf for about 10 years. I had side brackets refurbished and powder coated and assembled bumber in my kitchen with assistant cats.

P1290896_sc

P1290903_sc

P1290902_sc

Bumber frame separated from car easily, brackets were attached with three bolts and one wood screw. Bolts snapped off, so bumber was now on the floor.

P1290906_sc

It is much better now, no spots in this one. I might apply some bumber care to protect this one.

P1290912_sc

P1290914_sc

This might be too ugly even for my odd taste. Vote no for facelifted tailight panel! Colours are in different order in that panel than in rear lights (because of facelift) and there are too big gaps where there shouldn't be any (because of facelift).

DSCN2065

DSCN2067

DSCN2066

DSCN2064

Thumbs up for Made in Finland text though, original accessories made for Nissan.

DSCN2068

There was a correct version for Japanese markets, but I have a hunch that these might be pretty rare nowadays. I have never seen a single one live.

nissan_pulsar_1600_milano_x1_1.jpeg

That heckblende is probably made by Talmu, right?

I sell parts for a living and for reasons that aren't quite clear to me we have a ton of oil filters with Nissan branding on them, or rather no branding at all except the Nissan parts number and "Made in Finland". They're made by M-Filter in Haapavesi. PM me if you're interested :D

Last edited:
Talmu would be my best guess too.

Last edited:
Speak of the devil...

Luckily(?) that was an old ad, from 2019.

Last edited:
I might have done it again, seems like I got myself yet another B11-Sunny. Wagon this time.

Yesterday I followed a hint from a friend and found this one from an abandoned shed. Today I tracked down the owner. After a little bit of chatting, he told me I could get it for free. All I still need is a digital certificate for registration, then I can call it my own. Hopefully I get it soon, no major overhauls before ownership is official.

It seems to be pretty solid and for its kind and its age, 36 years. Engine started too. It has stood still from 2014 so some fiddling might be needed to be drivable and ready for inspection.

P1300241 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1300246 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1300243 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1300255 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr

P1300254 by Aki Härkönen, on Flickr