Spied: Alfa Romeo Giulia

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
After practically no one still believed that AR would start a comeback (a really lonely believers club for me) something happened. A heavily covered sedan, spied, in Italy.. :D Let's make this a placeholder thread, since there's bound to be more news in the near future. May 6 is the nearest date that AR and FIAT claim as something to look forward to.

2014-alfa-romeo-giorgio-2.jpg

Original Italian article

Last edited:
After practically no one still believed that AR would start a comeback (a really lonely believers club for me) something happened. A heavily covered sedan, spied, in Italy.. :D Let's make this a placeholder thread, since there's bound to be more news in the near future. May 6 is the nearest date that AR and FIAT claim as something to look forward to.

View attachment 12926

Original Italian article

Took me 5 damn minutes to figure out I wasn't looking at a Giulietta.

One day I'm going to buy a normal car, wrap it in camo and drive it through an area known for car testing, just to watch people with phone cameras have orgasms of excitement when they try to take their own blurry big foot photos.

That's the worst spyshot I've ever seen :lol:

Also May 6 means Marchionne's usual load of bullcrap - yes, there will be all-new all-Italian RWD Alfas blah blah, no real evidence shown.

One day I'm going to buy a normal car, wrap it in camo and drive it through an area known for car testing, just to watch people with phone cameras have orgasms of excitement when they try to take their own blurry big foot photos.

Auto Express once did that with a 360.

Unions confirm new Alfas are planned, facilities being constructed

Several trade unions now confirm the rumor about the installation of the production of a new 6-cylinder engine block for Alfa Romeo. It is believed to be an extensive production for the giant engine factory in Termoli, the place where the 4 and 6-cylinder engines will be produced from 2015 onwards for a new D-segment Alfa Romeo (which is to be manufactured in Cassino). Italy can finally look forward to a bigger mid-segment car again, after the 159 and Croma disappeared a while back.

The plant in Rivolta del Re in the province of Campobasso was appointed as a birth place of new important technique by Sergio Marchionne a while back, and with reason as it turns out. The CEO pronounced these words during a visit to the factory last month. The 3.000 employees in Termoli are relieved due to this confirmation ahead of the official announcements on May 6th. There will also be a production increase because of the Jeep Renegade and Fiat 500X which need engine supplying. At this moment the plant is working way below its capacity and is mainly manufacturing 1.2 and 1.4 (MultiAir) engines with 8 and 16 valves.

images

This should tide the whole of Italy over for a while.......

Last edited:
i-will-not-keep-calm-and-you-can-sod-off-1.png

No party here, just a belgian that has very little to add to the topic at hand. Which goes for you two too. I'd like to see this evolve, but nah. Let's just shitpost.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
You're living proof of that.

There is nothing stopping this from evolving, but its not like this is gonna happen anytime soon. This thread is gonna die down soon and then get revived when there is actual news / evolution to this thing, just like with every thread that starts with a single spyshot and a bunch of lovers, haters and spammers. So just stop feling personally insulted 'because italian car' and sit through it.