Spied: Alfa Romeo Giulia

Aaand here's the front. The silver one seems to be the normal (non-QV) version which, according to previous rumors, should not be unveiled until Frankfurt Motorshow...

CIPY9SrWIAA1zvr.jpg

CIPY9_vXAAAkBGK.jpg

CIPY-FhWoAAThcu.jpg

CIPY-naWUAEe5sC.jpg

I'll reserve my judgment until the actual presentation is over.

Is a bit generic in places.

In places? I really hope those renders are wholly inaccurate because if they aren't this thing will bomb faster than Bieber at a Hell's Angels rally. It's celery with a steering wheel.

That side view looks just like the 3 Series. It even has Hofmeister kink. And the tail is sorta like a VW Jetta.

I wonder what people thought of the 75 when it came out in 1985...

Stop whining...

It is a RWD Alfa with over 500hp V8! :mrgreen:
I would still want to have a N/A V6 in it, but it does sound pretty damn good to me. Let?s just hope it is.

I wouldn't call it whining but if this thing is going up against established premium marques like BMW, Mercedes and Audi then it needs to be special and based on those renders it simply isn't.

If it's neither Alfa enough for the Alfisti nor special enough to make it a left-field choice to stand out from the crowd then it will fail with fans and potential new customers alike and at the risk of sounding like Spectre ask Jaguar how that approach has worked for them.

I'm guessing it's most direct competitor is the new Jag XE. Both are meant to offer a slightly more exotic/emotional alternative to the 3 germans (A4/C-class/3-series).

I'm not really sure either will succeed... They really have to be something special for people to overlook the added depreciation, unknown reliability, limited dealer network etc.

Man, after they ditched the 159/Brera front, they really can't get it right, can they?

*cough* 8C * cough

2930115376_74691234b8.jpg

But yes other than that their output has all fallen under the heading of "Gopping".

Time was when owning an Alfa was like living with a nympho supermodel and putting up with the fact that she peeled your dog and wipes her arse on the curtains. Lately it's been more like living with a nympho supermodel and putting up with the fact that she peeled your dog, wipes her arse on the curtains and has a penis.

I never liked the 8C either. The proportions are nice, but the details are off, especially the front.

I appreciate the front end looks may be divisive but at least they tried and in profile it is still beautifully proportioned and I would take it over any Ferrari from the last three or more decades.

First impression is, it kind of suffers from the same problem as the Jaguar. A characteristic face, but otherwise almost completely generic.