Spied: Alfa Romeo Giulia

So they're going the Maserati/Jaguar route of loud angry-faced blob. Ok then.

Attachments

• 1311428568808107303.gif
    1311428568808107303.gif
    178.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I like it, I admit it's a safe design but I think it's solid. Can't wait to see them in person.

Spotted this recently, and thought that the design still looks fresh even after ten years:

IMG_2390.jpg

I seriously doubt I will ever say the same about the Giulia.

So... it looks somewhat different than I (and many CG artists and AR fans) expected. The in-your-face Italian sex-appeal of da Silva's 156 or the seductive elegance of Giugiaro's 159 are not present here. What we got, is a calculated product for a global market that is targeted to sell (remember, there was a total ground-up redesign because execs didn't approve the near-final car). It sure has elements that we have seen on other cars, but it seems to have some charisma of its own. I must say I am starting to see through the initial bewilderment and the more I look into its impudent face, the more I grow towards liking it.

My favorite angle:

1435161694464.jpg

There is also this video suggesting that red is probably not the #1 choice for the new Alfa:

Oh and BTW

cq5dam.web.650.600.jpeg

Looks like a JagMW to me, with an Alfa Grill.

I really want to like it, but I have to echo the sentiments on here. That profile is pure BMW, and the headlights look very Audi A6.

If it sells, then good. Maybe that will help FCA build more and more Alfas. Because no matter how flawed the 4C is, the world is a better place with it.

I'm ok with this.

It has generic lines, yes, but with Alfa being a low-volume seller trying to get to high volume very quickly, they could only have played this two ways: go the conservative route and give people a familiar car with Alfa touches, or go full unique and have a higher risk of failure from being too different. The former is how they chose, but the final product seems to maintain uniqueness in places enough to distinguish it in the parking lot.

However, we all know the real question is in how it feels (both through the wheel and to the touch) and how it compares in prices; going the Cadillac way of matching the Germans in price is almost surely to doom them.

I agree with the general sentiment.
I like it, and even though I wish it was more aggressive, I rather see them tame the design and have the brand survive and make a few hardcore cars like the 4C instead of being stubborn and die. :dunno:

Also, 500bhp, RWD and a manual. What's not to like?

I seriously like this car! Manual, rwd, and 510 hp is what I need in my life!

So... it looks somewhat different than I (and many CG artists and AR fans) expected. The in-your-face Italian sex-appeal of da Silva's 156 or the seductive elegance of Giugiaro's 159 are not present here. What we got, is a calculated product for a global market that is targeted to sell (remember, there was a total ground-up redesign because execs didn't approve the near-final car). It sure has elements that we have seen on other cars, but it seems to have some charisma of its own. I must say I am starting to see through the initial bewilderment and the more I look into its impudent face, the more I grow towards liking it.

My favorite angle:

1435161694464.jpg

There is also this video suggesting that red is probably not the #1 choice for the new Alfa:

Oh and BTW

cq5dam.web.650.600.jpeg

I'm hoping the interior quality is better than it is on the current cars, it was pretty ordinary on the alfa's I looked at before I bought my car

I quite like it. It reminded me a lot of the BMW 3er at first, but then it grew on me. Plus, 500 hp, RWD, and a manual? It could look ugly as sin and I'd still want one! :p

I will buy one when I get that chance.

I've now finally had the chance to watch the video - and I am glad that I did, because somehow in motion the car looks way more generic/way better than it does in pictures somehow...
Also, I love the sound. Pretty sure that aftermarket will make it even better quickly and I think it's cool that they stick with a V6 and not go for a V8.

i don't understand how someone can call this a shapeless blob
1435161694464.jpg

and use this bland side profile as a reference
IMG_2390.jpg

it's got so much more going on!
you don't have to like it, but you can't say it's a shapeless blob!

Last edited: