Movie: Alien: Covenant

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
20th Century Fox Officially Announce Alien: Covenant and its Official Plot & Release Date!

BREAKING NEWS! 20th Century Fox have just officially announced the title for the Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant! Not only that, they have also revealed the film's official plot synopsis, which in itself reveals some chilling spoilers about David and the new crew as mentioned previously by director Ridley Scott.

The official plot synopsis for Alien: Covenant, via the official Facebook page is as follows:

"Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott?s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition"

After reading that, one question comes to mind - what happened to Shaw? We now know the next crew is part of the deep space vessel Covenant, much like the Prometheus. We've already leaked some potential plot spoilers over the past 2 weeks and we'll be releasing more this week. This new plot synopsis adds even more credability to what we've heard and we're excited to share that with you soon.

UPDATE: Fox have revealed on Twitter that the release date for Alien: Covenant is October 6th, 2017!

For the latest on Alien: Covenant, keep it locked to Scified!

Directed by Ridley Scott, written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, John Logan and starring Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Rik Barnett (In Negotiations), Alien: Covenant releases October 6th 2017.

http://www.scified.com/prometheusmo...alien-covenant-and-its-official-plot-synopsis

Alien: Covenant Is Set A Decade After Prometheus

While promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release of The Martian, costume designer Janty Yates shared a piece of information pertaining to her next collaboration with director Ridley Scott. She told Collider that Alien: Covenant is set "10 years in the future beyond Prometheus."

The flash-forward will probably go a long way to explaining why Noomi Rapace?s Dr. Elizabeth Shaw is being relegated to just a brief appearance in the sequel. Last time we saw her, she and a body-less David (Michael Fassbender) were flying away in an alien spacecraft headed to the Engineer's homeworld.

Prometheus was set in last week of 2093, 28 years before the events that took place in the original 1979 film that starred Sigourney Weaver ('Ripley'). Now that the sequel will shorten that gap to 18 years.

Synopsis: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in Alien with Alien: Covenant, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus -- and connects directly to Scott's 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Alien Covenant to be released Oct. 6, 2017. It also stars Katherine Waterston (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them).

SOURCE

When I walked out of "PROMETHEUS" , I remembered that I was disappointed by that movie : maybe the storyline was too complicated or I didn't understand what the director wanted to show .

Never I have felt the thrill of the original ALIEN , and I suspect that those two prequel or sequel are too much and not needed.

Noomi Rapace will not be reprising her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Alien: Covenant.

It comes as a mild surprise that Ridley Scott has stated the Proemtheus lead actress, Noomi Rapace will not be returning to reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in the upcoming sequel, Alien: Covenant. Speaking with the Daily Mail Scott revealed that they were still casting the leads for the film, which begins filming in Australia later this spring.

"I asked if Noomi Rapace, who was in his film Prometheus (from which Covenant follows), would be working with him in Australia and he said no. ?We?re still casting the main roles,? he said."

Ever since the script re-writes later last year, it was apparent that Noomi's character, Shaw would be taking a significant backseat to the main storyline, which is set to take place 10 years after the first film.

Recently, Noomi was approached while attending this year's Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna and was asked about Alien: Covenant, her response was quick and short, simply saying she had no comments to share. Check it out:

Considering Alien: Covenant takes place so far ahead from where Prometheus left off, it's very possible that Noomi Rapace's character will appear in one of the later sequels. Her story has yet to be told and it's unlikely Scott will neglect her fate following her pivotal role in Prometheus.

It's unfortunate to know however that we won't be seeing more of Noomi in Alien: Covenant, as it seemed like her character was only really starting to develop at the end of Prometheus. Many of us were hoping for a new Ellen Ripley-like character. Here's hoping this isn't last of Shaw...

SOURCE

First trailer dropped this morning (spoilered because RED BAND)...

Yeah, I know it's been almost a year since the last post, but I figured updating this thread was still better than creating (essentially) a duplicate...

Jesus, I didn't realize Kenny Fucking Powers was going to be in this one. :lol:

First thought: It looks amazing.
Second thought: I'm actually a little disappointed. I would have preferred a proper sequel to Prometheus with Noomi Rapace.

And now for a serious question. Since this is using the Alien name, where would it fit in the timeline? I hope before Alien 1, but to do this properly, everyone must die at the end of Covenant and no word of the xenomorph could go out to Earth. Otherwise the crew of the original vessel in Alien 1 wouldn't have been so surprised to encounter it.

But since they are building a colony, that suggests that Covenant might take place between Alien 1 and Aliens.

Maybe I'm wrong. I need to rewatch all the originals to prepare for this :)

...I would have preferred a proper sequel to Prometheus with Noomi Rapace.

Supposedly, she's in it, though only as a small cameo. Perhaps she's the one who planted the wheat and the dog tags found hanging inside the Engineer's crashed ship at 1:12 are hers?

...Since this is using the Alien name, where would it fit in the timeline? I hope before Alien 1, but to do this properly, everyone must die at the end of Covenant and no word of the xenomorph could go out to Earth. Otherwise the crew of the original vessel in Alien 1 wouldn't have been so surprised to encounter it.

But since they are building a colony, that suggests that Covenant might take place between Alien 1 and Aliens.

Supposedly this takes place 10 years after Prometheus (December 2093), which puts it about 19 years before the events of Alien (June 2122)

Supposedly, she's in it, though only as a small cameo. Perhaps she's the one who planted the wheat and the dog tags found hanging inside the Engineer's crashed ship at 1:12 are hers?

Supposedly this takes place 10 years after Prometheus (December 2093), which puts it about 19 years before the events of Alien (June 2122)

Yeah, they land on the planet where David landed with the alien ship from the end of Prometheus, and he's the only 'person' there.

I know you can read that online ... but it's a spoiler anyway. I prefer not to read any more like that ... bye bye thread, see you late may :(

I think that's the official snoopy synopsis for the film. But yeah, it's great going in blind and have it surprise you, for the better hopefully

Prologue short "The Crossing" out today...

Quick question, do you really need to have seen Prometheus to watch this film? Thinking about taking someone to see it, but they never watched Prometheus, so I don't know if they'll be lost or not.

Quick question, do you really need to have seen Prometheus to watch this film? Thinking about taking someone to see it, but they never watched Prometheus, so I don't know if they'll be lost or not.

I'd say probably not. Also, Covenant is barely worth the time, too. It's bit better than Prometheus, but not great.

I don't think they have to WATCH Prometheus beforehand, but should at least have an idea of what happened (basic summary)...

So I did end up seeing Covenant a couple weeks ago, but was so unimpressed that I didn't think to comment on it. :lol:

It did the very thing that annoyed me with Alien 3. You sort of root for characters to survive in these movies, so it sort of ruins the previous film when the new film begins with those characters all dying.

I much prefer Prometheus to this. Maybe James Cameron should direct the next installment...