All Gran Turismo 5 DLC and online getting shut down

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Regarding DLC availability after end of service
All DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be removed from the PS Store on 30 April 2014. Please take note of the following precautions regarding the items listed below.

As previously mentioned in past announcements, the remaining online services for Gran Turismo 5, including Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus, Online Dealership and DLC purchase, will no longer be available after 03:00 EDT, 30 May, 2014.

Linky

Pretty stupid IMO to not allow the DLC to be purchased anymore. The studio that made Kingdom's of Amalur went bankrupt and no longer exists, but you can still buy the game and the DLC on the PSN store.

I understand not supporting the multiplayer, but from what I have read there are still more people playing GT5 than there have been copies of GT6 sold, so I think it is stupid that they are removing online support so soon.

I understand not supporting the multiplayer, but from what I have read there are still more people playing GT5 than there have been copies of GT6 sold, so I think it is stupid that they are removing online support so soon.

That's probably why they're cutting support so soon.

Not a smart move to cut support for a game that is still so popular. All it is going to do is piss off a lot of people.

I understand if a game is no longer popular.

Sony is STILL supporting Everquest, which came out in 1999, even though Everquest II was released in 2004 and Everquest Next is going to be released this year.

I know that they are cutting support to get more people to buy GT6, but they are doing it the wrong way and are going to piss off a lot of people. IMO, they should keep supporting both GT5 and GT6 until GT7 is released (which they are already working on) for the PS4, and then drop GT5 and shortly after drop GT6 unless GT6 sales miraculously pick up.

Not a smart move to cut support for a game that is still so popular. All it is going to do is piss off a lot of people.

I understand if a game is no longer popular.

Sony is STILL supporting Everquest, which came out in 1999, even though Everquest II was released in 2004 and Everquest Next is going to be released this year.

I know that they are cutting support to get more people to buy GT6, but they are doing it the wrong way and are going to piss off a lot of people. IMO, they should keep supporting both GT5 and GT6 until GT7 is released (which they are already working on) for the PS4, and then drop GT5 and shortly after drop GT6 unless GT6 sales miraculously pick up.

Difference is they still get subscription fee's from everquest, whereas most copies of GT5 now include the DLC

The company that made Kingdoms of Amalur went bankrupt and no longer exists, yet you can still buy the game and the DLC off of the PSN.

There are a lot of old games where you can still purchase the DLC for.

But it's OK guys, they stopped hybriding just before taking online away. Thank God for PD.