All Kinds of Aweseome: 2008 BMW M1 Concept Breaks Cover.

The idea is awesome, but the design is umm.. challenging to say the least.

Striking, but hardly beautiful. Is this actually the work of BMW?

The front would look 100x better if it didn't have such a huge orifice in the middle, if they can flatten that section out it would look pretty interesting, right now it just looks a bit too extreme with all the massive holes. Personally the I think the vents could stay and it would be great, it just doesn't need such huge pitfalls and random holes all over.

When I saw the thread title I thought oh god no!! They made an M version of the 1 series and called it the M1. But then I clicked the thread and immediately and simultaneously fainted and creamed my pants.

Me too :p

Just loose the wheels and all will be well thanks BMW

Hideous, some cars can be calmed down in the production version but they need to take that design completely back to the drawing board. Everything that can go wrong in the design seemed to do so, unless this is an extreme and pure case of form following function.

The design reminds me of the KTM Crossbow, but that thing didn't even go into prototype status. It's purely a render study.

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/7926/bmwm1homagehi01bn6.jpg

Just put the middle one into production with modern materials, interior, suspension, and engine.

When I saw the thread title I thought oh god no!! They made an M version of the 1 series and called it the M1. But then I clicked the thread and immediately and simultaneously fainted and creamed my pants.

My thoughts EXACTLY! :lol:

As for the car, ooooh maaan this thing is pretty. I can see how some people may hate the lines, but in profile (and I can only imagine given at best a 3/4s view) I'm sure it looks absolutely sublime. As for the front and back end, they are something utterly unique. And thank the automotive gods! The whole thing is the farthest, farthest thing from a Bangle-ized Beemer, which we can all agree is a VERY good thing.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, have we actually seen anything else of the Z10 yet? I seem to remember a very early concept design a couple years back, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Last edited:
http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/7926/bmwm1homagehi01bn6.jpg

Just put the middle one into production with modern materials, interior, suspension, and engine.

Jetsetter's right. Maybe round off some of the edges, but the older one would be awesome with modern bits. Plus the other two just look like MatchBox cars.

Fail.

I actually like it, I think it looks agressive.

Far Far Far Far too big but the design itself isn't too bad.

Still can't match the original for pure awesomeness though.
7094_1024.jpg

Edit: Didn't see this when I got the pic, only just noticed after I posted. The name on the windshield of the second car.

Last edited:
I love bmw, but this shit takes the cake. The idea of having something to top the M range is great, put 700 or 800 hp in it, yes since there is a new Z8 coming out. However chris bangle needs to be shot, there are no angel eyes in this fucking turd of a car, get some piniferna shit in there and help out that squashed muira up.

Just build it. Like that. And put a more powerful engine in it than the M5 has.
Awesome just got a new shape, and it's ORANGE