All Kinds of Aweseome: 2008 BMW M1 Concept Breaks Cover.

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
2008_BMW_M1Concept1.jpg

2008_BMW_M1Concept2.jpg

2008_BMW_M1Concept3.jpg

2008_BMW_M1Concept4.jpg

No details yet, just the photos. It's on display at the Concorsa d'Eleganza at Villa d'Este.

Hopefully there's a 600+ hp version of the M5 V10 sitting in the back there. BMW need to put this thing into production NOW. That is just awesome.

Yeah, ok, with better wheels and less busy fins/gills

This looks like a Chinese knockoff of an American muscle car.

fucking ugly.

the end.

I just hope its a photoshopped pic, and the real thing will not even look remotely like this one.

I love it!!! Regardless, BMW needs a range-topping supercar to go up against the Audi R8 and the MB SL Black Series. A return of the M1 could be it.

They could do some tweaking here and there, but the general shape full of win.

Concept = cool
Execution = fugly

+1

I like the idea of a new M1, I really do, but, to be honest, that concept car is quite ghastly, in my opinion. Just too many details that completely ruin the looks for me. Clean it up, and have it look closer to the original M1, then it would look decent. Using a more conventional style of wheels would help drastically.

It's certainly striking, and mega-aggressive, but good-looking? Not in my book - and those wheels are beyond fugly.

Is this a BMW product, or a styling-house job?

When I saw the thread title I thought oh god no!! They made an M version of the 1 series and called it the M1. But then I clicked the thread and immediately and simultaneously fainted and creamed my pants.

I'd love it if it had a tuned I6.

The shape reminds me of a De Tomaso Pantera, which is good, but the whole front end looks very ugly.

I love it!!! Regardless, BMW needs a range-topping supercar to go up against the Audi R8 and the MB SL Black Series. A return of the M1 could be it.

That's the Z10's job.

Z10's idea is to rape just about every single supercar out there with a light weight chassis (1200kg) and a screamy 550bhp+ S85 V10. Just like how a BMW should be.

But this M1 concept looks fuck ugly, I hope it never makes it to the production line looking like this.