Unverified Ownership All roads lead back to Mazderp - altoid's second Mazda3

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2012 MX-5 PRHT
Must be a Mazda thing. I did that last weekend with Costco and my girlfriend's Camry.

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
Car(s)
16 FJ-09, 14 Mazderp3, 20 Synapse, 18 Sportif 2.5
So, uhh, this thread is an exercise in…pointlessness? :D Anyway, not a whole lot is happening with the Mazderp, as you can imagine.

The battery died again, and it was for the dumbest reason: the dash cam was plugged into the outlet that keeps supplying power even when the car is off, so yeah…

I test drove a tentative replacement (manual yellow C6 Grand Sport) and noped tf out. Not sure where that's going, honestly, and it probably warrants a separate thread anyway. It's a bit of a journey of self discovery and all that.

I've had the car for over a year and haven't gotten it serviced. Just recently clicked 5,000 miles in my possession, so I'll get it done soon, since the interval is 6mo/6kmi.

So, uhh, yeah.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
Car(s)
'12 Fiat 500, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I test drove a tentative replacement (manual yellow C6 Grand Sport) and noped tf out. Not sure where that's going, honestly, and it probably warrants a separate thread anyway. It's a bit of a journey of self discovery and all that.
Going through a mid-life crisis? :D

altoid

Car(s)

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
I like to hard-wire dashcams through a fuse piggyback connector. On my Skoda, the rear wiper was fine (25A so an additional load of half an amp or so doesn't matter) and it turned off with the ignition. That way you don't have to have an outlet occupied all the time.

altoid

Car(s)
I haven’t used an outlet in my car since 2014. Couldn’t be bothered to have it wired, this works fine.

altoid

Car(s)
Too lazy to rotate, but you can see what I mean here:

1vIeReG.jpg

Top/right is the always-on outlet, middle is two USB ports + AUX port, bottom/left is on-while-running outlet.

Last edited:

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Damn, you have so many outlets in there! My 2017 only has the top always on 12V socket in the armrest.
For my dashcam I’m using a ODB-II to mini-USB adapter. The good thing is that it has a switch to go from constant power to accessory power :)