Unverified Ownership All roads lead back to Mazderp - altoid's second Mazda3

Must be a Mazda thing. I did that last weekend with Costco and my girlfriend's Camry.

So, uhh, this thread is an exercise in…pointlessness? :D Anyway, not a whole lot is happening with the Mazderp, as you can imagine.

The battery died again, and it was for the dumbest reason: the dash cam was plugged into the outlet that keeps supplying power even when the car is off, so yeah…

I test drove a tentative replacement (manual yellow C6 Grand Sport) and noped tf out. Not sure where that's going, honestly, and it probably warrants a separate thread anyway. It's a bit of a journey of self discovery and all that.

I've had the car for over a year and haven't gotten it serviced. Just recently clicked 5,000 miles in my possession, so I'll get it done soon, since the interval is 6mo/6kmi.

So, uhh, yeah.

I test drove a tentative replacement (manual yellow C6 Grand Sport) and noped tf out. Not sure where that's going, honestly, and it probably warrants a separate thread anyway. It's a bit of a journey of self discovery and all that.
Going through a mid-life crisis? :D

I like to hard-wire dashcams through a fuse piggyback connector. On my Skoda, the rear wiper was fine (25A so an additional load of half an amp or so doesn't matter) and it turned off with the ignition. That way you don't have to have an outlet occupied all the time.

I haven’t used an outlet in my car since 2014. Couldn’t be bothered to have it wired, this works fine.

Too lazy to rotate, but you can see what I mean here:

1vIeReG.jpg

Top/right is the always-on outlet, middle is two USB ports + AUX port, bottom/left is on-while-running outlet.

Last edited:
Damn, you have so many outlets in there! My 2017 only has the top always on 12V socket in the armrest.
For my dashcam I’m using a ODB-II to mini-USB adapter. The good thing is that it has a switch to go from constant power to accessory power :)

Welp, the car has been convered into a race van.

And by that I mean it has been converted into a van I use to haul my bicycle around for casual rides every few weeks.

And by that I mean I folded down the rear seats and left them like that.

Yes, I oversold that a bit. No, I don’t care.

Here’s what that setup looks like:

wzqj880.jpg

And here’s how it looks when I’m “wrenching” on my bikes and use it as a workbench:

ViBeWBk.jpg

Also, both key fob batteries died in tandem, just like with my previous ’Derp.

It does.

I doubt this is yours, no proof pic! ?

Took the car in for its first service in my ownership! Yes, I bought it a year and a half ago. No, I don’t really care, since I barely drove 7,500 miles in that time and it was quite pandemic(k)y outside for much of it. As anticipated, there was a bit of a to-do list along with the requisite bill, so now I’m keeping the car forever. Just kidding, that’s never mattered to me before and never will. ?

Proof-ish:

ShIaMxW.jpg

It’s been a couple months, and a Life Event™ occurred: moved in with the girlfriend.

At first the combined fleet looked like this:

4tFRAzx.jpg

But then we downsized to one shared car, so it now looks like this:

CxSS1wE.jpg

I drove to therapy instead of riding a few times, and one time someone actually parked a bike where I usually park mine, so this photo looks downright weird to me:

OimfVjU.jpg

Also took the car on a nice little road trip, but have no photos or anything to report other than that it all went smoothly.

Edit: Forgot one: Had to park out of my garage for a day, so I have this odd photo of both of my vehicles:

JmvVjF4.jpg

Last edited: