All things crispy and crunchy

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Another thread for unhealthy food :)

We have the candy thread, the soda thread, the beer thread, etc. but I noticed we don't have a thread on crisps yet (at least I haven't found one).

So here it is: Everyhing crispy and crunchy goes in here! I make a start with some of my favourites:

6334922711_0598cce7f3_o.jpg

Currently my favourite kind of potato chips: CHIO Hot Peperoni.
And the all-time classic: Peanut Flips.

6334924509_680fba3976_o.jpg

Also two of my favourite: "Frit Sticks" and "Nic Nacs"

6334923561_9b7f112166_o.jpg

This snack box is my favourite TV dinner :D Contains crackers, potato chips, salt sticks, Pommels and the above-mentioned Peanut Flips and Nic Nacs.

Last edited:
My favorite:
Pele-frita.jpg

Fried Chicken Skin.

It gives me heartburn just thinking about it, but I can?t resist it and buy one of those packs once in a while. I try to keep it to 2 per year at the maximum. :p

Paprika Pringles are my number 1 favorite crisp

paprika.jpg

Followed my Lorenz paprika crisps
LorenzNaturalMildPaprikaChips100g.jpg

Then any brand of kettle cooked chips

bngla6434.jpg

These damn things are so tasty. And they're actually not that horrible for you, iirc. They're just addictive.

Sweet potato chips?
Damn, that sounds awesome!

They're pretty damn delicious.

41cFEDHF3VL.jpg

My favourite Pringles flavour (Paprika isn't available here, so I can't comment).

Pringles Paprika is great. :nod:

Heinz-catchup-flavored Lays?
Wow, that?s like super lazy, dude. :p

all crisps that say Blair's are great..
1) chipotle
2) cheddar
3) buffalo wings
4) habanero

From our local brands..
Fire_Balls_uusi.gif
Nacho-Cheese-Balls-60g.jpg

I'm not usually pulled towards this stuff, but when I am, pretzels reign supreme:

snyder-s-of-hanover-sourdough-nibbler-pretzels-10-ounce-packages-pack-of-12-p.jpg

Also, being from MA, I'm partial to these. Best potato chips ever:

39775074d7723d9d48d69f6cab5e40d4.jpg

To be honest though, another kind of potato chips, which i tried in germany, comes close. I actually think it was those Chio ones.

Last edited:
My favorite:
Pele-frita.jpg

Fried Chicken Skin.

It gives me heartburn just thinking about it, but I can?t resist it and buy one of those packs once in a while. I try to keep it to 2 per year at the maximum. :p

I need a bag of those. Or 2. or 30.

When it comes to potato chips, I favour the traditional flavours (salted, peppered, paprika, chili). I don't like all the fancy new flavours, like "chakalaka", "el gaucho" or the current trend to mix wasabi into everything. Lately they brought out "currywurst" flavour. Mostly I try those and then put them away without eating more. Also not all of the "low fat", "oven-baked" stuff tastes good.

My favourite kinds of potato chips are these:

Chio-Chips-Hot-Peperoni_z1.jpg
chips.jpg

chipsfrisch-oriental.jpg
UngarishGross.jpg

391162_1_1_detail.jpg

Then there is this trend to "natural" potato chips, of which I like these most:

P_NaturalsMeersalzPfeffer_Vorderseite_alt.jpg
Lorenz-Naturals-Rosmarin_z1.jpg

By the way: ALDI here offers a rather good copy of Pringles. Actually I prefer them over the original, especially in paprika and "sea salt & pepper" flavour.

My favorite:
catalog.ashx

Notable mentions:
bicky-bg-nl.png
lorenz-monster-munch-110g-Full.jpg