All your cars are belong to us

You'd probably have to physically disconnect the cell antenna - and say goodbye to your GPS and a most other features.

And that doesn't consider that the car may be able to use your paired phone as a hotspot and communicate that way as a sort of failover mode.

or just simply refuse to start?

I don't think they've gotten to that point yet - Tesla aims a lot of these cars at the wealthy, and the wealthy (at least here) are prone to have properties out in the middle of nowhere where cell service is not a thing. They'd be *really* pissed if their shiny new toy wouldn't start if it couldn't get a cell signal.

For the less wealthy, there's still a lot of people here that live in suburban areas where cell signals suck or are nonexistent or have garages that block what marginal signal they have, so they wouldn't be too happy with a car that doesn't start if it can't get a cell signal.

I wouldn't be surprised if some idiots weren't constantly proposing this 'feature' be implemented, though.

I don't think they've gotten to that point yet
I've seen a few videos of Teslas in the middle of nowhere running with no cell signal so they didn't do it THAT stupidly but at minimum I'm sure they would be blocked from the supercharging network.

Everything Toyota makes already has "Acceleration Suppression Function" its called slow fucking shitty cars (and before anyone tries to bring Supra into this, it's a BMW get over it)

Dude, the V6 Camry is over 300 bhp and will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds - that straddles the BMW 530e iPerformance and the 540i

Dude, the V6 Camry is over 300 bhp and will do 0-60 in 5.8 seconds - that straddles the BMW 530e iPerformance and the 540i
You ever see one in the metal? No one ssems to buy em around here. Also a 0-60 time is meaningless anyway, it's still a boring pos

so you won't be able to use the camry for drag racing no more?

You ever see one in the metal? No one ssems to buy em around here. Also a 0-60 time is meaningless anyway, it's still a boring pos
It may be mundane, but it isn't slow.

300hp and 5.8 to 60 is slow by modern standards, by comparison a heavy pig that is the Explorer ST does that same sprint faster by .5 seconds.
It also has 100 more horsepower, AWD and is in a different class . Apples and oranges.

My point exactly, 300 hp is nothing these days, hell our off roaders make 260...

Logic not found.

Just because it is not a hypercar does not make it slow. That is a respectable 0-60 time, period.

Logic not found.

Just because it is not a hypercar does not make it slow. That is a respectable 0-60 time, period.
Slow and fast are relative, 240z was considered fast in it’s time and it would have a hard time outrunning my Xterra in a straight line.

10 years ago when V8 Mustangs made 300 hp, yeah V6 Camry was pretty quick, now when even Infiniti sedans make 400, it’s not.

that's like saying "now half of the US population weighs 200kg, 150kg is no longer overweight"
You can define a healthy human in isolation, there are natural limitations on us. Can’t define a fast car that way.

Let me demonstrate, the much loved by everyone F40, is a fast car right? Except it’s slower to 60 than a modern V8 Mustang... The 488 or similar would leave it in the dust like it ain’t there