Allez les francaises? Meet Monsieur Sumsemann! A real Pluriel!

loose_unit

Hey, look! Somebody on the forums actually a car with one of the worst soft top roofs in the world! Meet Monsieur Sumsemann!

I actually had a go of taking the roof completely off, but in the end I ran out of motivation:

So far so good!

It has done 150,000kms, it's a 1.6 with 105hp or something? Who cares?

The roof is awesome and you all can stfu!

I hope it will make an appearance at Ringmeet too, but that's not up to me, that is up to the actual owner :)

Also, proof pic:

Last edited:

DanRoM

A 14 year old French car with a 150,000 km on it, and a complicated roof mechanism. You're both insane. :D

I approve of this from the bottom of my heart. :)

loose_unit

DanRoM;n3549318 said:
A 14 year old French car with a 150,000 km on it, and a complicated roof mechanism. You're both insane. :D

I approve of this from the bottom of my heart. :)
It'll be fiiiiiiine!

Redliner;n3549319 said:
YES!
We need more insanity. The good kind, like this.
Sarah, you're awesome.
:D Well, I did show her this model of car because I always wanted one :p

​​​​​​​
bone;n3549323 said:
germans buying french cars, i'll never understand them...
Sometimes you just need something stupid to balance out all of that German sensibleness
​​​​​​​

gaasc;n3549329 said:
But whyyyyyy? It's so awesome!

I'm all giddy over seeing this, for multiple reasons. This is actually slightly beyond my levels of insanity and we need to see it at the Ringmeet for reasons. :lol:

Go on then, tell me. Where the fuck do the roof bars go when you take them off? :D

This is amazingly shit, I approve. Also, it appears that the previous owner added their own styling touches to the driver's seat #itsaplurielthing :lol:

loose_unit

Der Stig;n3549490 said:
This is amazingly shit, I approve. Also, it appears that the previous owner added their own styling touches to the driver's seat #itsaplurielthing :lol:
The car leaks! :D

Speaking of which, we decided to do something crazy:

lol... Only one side off though:

The main reason why we were out there though was to sort something a little bit more french:

The car has not been cleaned properly yet, we will probably take it and get the interior properly cleaned by someone or something, we don't know yet.

I will have a look at what options there are to fix the leak, but first step seems to be to replace one of the main seals, I need to figure out the best place to order this shit from, as I am not really prepared to play stealershit prices for it... Then again, often with things like seals you must :(

Last edited:

loose_unit

So when DaBoom was here, I wanted to get out, so we took the Pluriel to the Nürburgring for a visit. DaBoom wanted to prove Top Gear wrong and so we tried to fit the roof rails into the boot:

Top Gear are a bunch of liars!!!

Just carrying around some parts:

So, after some big rains the roof really does leak nicely. I have been searching for some new seals but have not found anything in the short period of looking ... (Feel free to do it for me :p ) ... So I will go to a Citroen dealer and see if they still make them (Unlikly) and then I will figure out what to do... Perhaps taking a trip to the UK and pulling some parts?

We shall see! In any case it is problematic enough for me to need to look into it immediately.

If you register in the Citroen Service Box you could see if the seals are still available new. You can also find parts numbers there. service.citroen.com

blackman

A friend of mine had one, for the one year she owned it (from new mind you) she drove the shop loaner more than her actual car. After a year the dealer had to buy it back from her, because they could never fix the roof :D

loose_unit

blackman;n3549705 said:
A friend of mine had one, for the one year she owned it (from new mind you) she drove the shop loaner more than her actual car. After a year the dealer had to buy it back from her, because they could never fix the roof :D
Yes. This is a known problem :cool: Endlessly Leaking Roof syndrome.

loose_unit

We left the roof roof rails at home and went out to a really nice Spanish restaurant nearby, afterwards we spent an hour driving through some farm roads just exploring and took some nice photos:

Beater Pluriel Life!

Eye-Q

In the second picture in this post you can see they're steel wheels with hubcaps. ;)

Now, what can be said what hasn't been said yet? Well, to be honest, in contrast to Matt's Smart Roadster Coupé I don't like the Pluriel. For one, it's a Citroen and apart from the DS I don't like any of them, for another it's not even remotely good looking (those rear lights look like cheap aftermarket ones for a start) and lastly it's a Citroen, 'nuff said. :p