Alonso's Indy Adventure

4 commenters for the whole of US?
how many commenters you thing are talking during an F1 race? 2 per country?

He already killed two birds with one... car...

i thought all these sessions were broadcasted, turns out not...

...but they've had 2.4m individual watchers :shock:
that's a big number!

[video]https://youtu.be/bkmG38nhels?t=145[/video]
Alonso: did you watch it
Journo: yes on the stream
Alonso: you really have nothing to do

It's great seeing him taking it so seriously. He's not just there to drive in the Indy 500, he's there to win it. He's already looking pretty good for someone who has never touched an Indy car before. The 500 has been great the last few years and it should be even better this year.

Probably his greatest challenge is the whole strategy that's involved in Indy, the pitstops, what to do in a caution, when to race and when to stick behind someone for the draft, etc. But he has probably the most experienced team to help him along with those things.

Imho he get's the car becuse it goes into the museum. Manufacturer probably gets a nice deductable on their taxes in Spain, becuse it goes into a museum which is a cultural/educational facility.

He qualified in 5th place. That's unbelievable for having never touched an Indy car before!

Anyone watching? Alonso is doing very well for a rookie, been leading a couple laps and was leading at the moment of the first yellow... Scott Dixon ploughed into the back of another car, went flying and landed sideways on the inside guardrail. I think he was very lucky not to be killed.

Helio Castroneves also went right under Dixon as he flew, he could have gotten a car landing on his head. I'm not a health and safety obsessed person but this thing is way too dangerous.

Last edited:
I guess everyone in the world is streaming this since I can't find a reliable stream....

Massive first crash but good to see everyone ok. Hoping for a good result for Nando, he deserves one

And out with engine failure with 20 to go...

Not a good month of May for Honda.

Still, led a ton of laps and was in the Top 10 for most of the race.

...and he blew another Honda Engine. :lol:

You mean another Honda engine gave up on him. Not even the first one to blow up in Indy. What a piece of crockery shit those Hondas are, I tell you one thing, I'm never buying a Honda car in my life.

I get the distinct impression that if Fernando never saw another Honda engine, it would be too soon.

I never expected to be yelling at my TV for Alonso going out. What a job he did!!
Commentators just said he's holding the fastest race lap ATM, I hope it stays that way!

And c'mon Sato I guess?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I has a sad. Now Sato must win it! Because Banzai,!