• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

always download your music!!

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
turns out sony's DRM crosses the line just a little bit

if you listen to an offical sony CD, it installs a rootkit on your hd

don't understand completely, but i think it installs intself in between your CD-rom and pc, and if you cd-rom is active, scans all active processes and sends a summary to sony.

and it's so badly written, that when you delete it, you system might not work no more

anyways, full story here

you will find more info if you search on google

Wow this is ghey. No more CDs from SONY, I'll download. Why would they do this? :thumbsdown:

:eek: they're already onto me :eek:

sony.JPG

:lol:

WTF :shock: That's scary

Yeup, thats kinda what keeps me from buying sony's mp3 walkman ... I think it's the best peice of hardware around, but their sofware seems to just be geared twords this sort of thing.

Anywho if you check on sony's website, they backed down from the sofware and have a removal tool.

stapler123 said:
Anywho if you check on sony's website, they backed down from the sofware and have a removal tool.

which doesn't work properly.
the romval tool just deletes everything from the memory and the hard disk
if you by coincidence have a program running that uses one of those files, you get a blue screen

if you like gaming, there's one good thing about it though, if you once play an official sony CD and have the spyware stuff installed, you can play a copied world of warcraft

The SONY DRM can cripple a system like bone said.

And I quote Ren "Fucking big companies".

bone said:
stapler123 said:
if you like gaming, there's one good thing about it though, if you once play an official sony CD and have the spyware stuff installed, you can play a copied world of warcraft
:shock: care to explain?

You can use Sony's rootkit to hide other processes, including a launcher for a game, or a GimmeAllMyHP, or whatever hack you want.

p0w3r said:
bone said:
:shock: care to explain?

if you install a copied version, some additional files are placed on your hd. you just have to add $sys$ to the beginnen of the filename, and the file dissapears. so the software thinks it's an original game

sony = ghey.

Dont buy music, pirate. It's the only cool thing left to do.

Well, it gets worse: Viruses use Sony anti-piracy CDs

BBC News said:
Virus writers are exploiting Sony's controversial anti-piracy software to hide their malicious creations.

Thanks Sony...

(I'm thankful I've not yet bought any of these CDs, but still... :x )

(Edited to sort out the quote...)