Am I in the wrong here? People on Autoblog Love Buicks. WTF.

I'm well aware it's a rebadged holden, most of their work took place inside the car on the chinese Park Avenue. But there's numerous other Buick's in china that are only avalible in that market. Some are just slightly tweaked imports, others like the Invicta concept were done totally by GM Shanghai.

The US will be getting the Statesman, even though the G8 is now dead, as the new Chevy Caprice (which it's sold as in the middle east) but as of right now it will only be for fleet sales in heavy duty 9C1 police trim.

buick_invicta_concept_2.jpg

The new LaCrosse and Regal were also designed by GM Shanghai, obviously influenced by the Invicta concept. Expect this trend to continue.

actually the caprice is a different model to the statesman, there is the holden statesman and then the model up is the holden caprice, so if they are getting the chevvy caprice they may not be getting the statesman at all

Okay... anytime Autoblog posts anything about Buicks, I usually post how boring they are, or how they're for geriatric old farts that suffer from incontinence. Then I get marked down like crazy. Case in point:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/19/breaking-buick-confirms-2011-regal-2-0t-to-come-with-manual-tra

I post how this car sucks, as all buicks do, because it's soft, not even really a luxury car, and boring. So boring that it makes a Camry seem exciting. But yet... all these people defend it. There are tons of people excited about this car... and I'm not high right now, but what the hell is everyone else smoking?

My sister put 500,000 miles on a '94 Buick Century. Try to do that in a high end luxury snob-mobile (such as a SAAB or Mercedes) and see what happens!

Nice thread necro for a first post.

Leave the old threads buried.

So people hate both my cars now? :p

If Buick made a new GMX I would buy a used one from one of the five people who buy it.

http://img593.imageshack.**/img593/6741/highmilagesec.png

just sayin' :p

link

GMX? I is confused.

My sister put 500,000 miles on a '94 Buick Century. Try to do that in a high end luxury snob-mobile (such as a SAAB or Mercedes) and see what happens!

SAAB being snob mobile? Have you sat in side of one these GM made piles? they drive decent but that's about it. It's actually not that hard to find a Mercedes with well over 300k. Most 70's and 80's Benz's are still on the road here in California without being restored.

I think your sister has the only Buick to make it to 200k or more. I presume it's the exception that proves the rule.

Why am I feeding the troll?

It's for moms.

Last edited:
and it's based on the same car as mine is really, mine's a G-body, as is the GNX, so i can get suspension parts that are quite fun for my wagon :p