AMD Radeon 6000 - Big Navi

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Even if this doesn't outperform the 3080 it's a good thing for consumers. I'm not sure if I'd buy one as my previous Radeon experiences haven't been great but it'll be interesting to see what happens. Finally, something good for 2020...

AMD today confirmed October 8th launch for Ryzen Zen3 and Radeon RDNA2. More on Radeon Oct 28th.

Last edited:
AMD confuses me with so many seeming parallel product lines with different naming conventions...5700XT, the Vega twins, Radeon VII, all within a short window, and I honestly have no idea how they stacked up against each other...

Is RDNA 2 the same thing as "Big Navi" and the same thing as Radeon 6000?

AMD has been horrible with naming here. From my understanding:

Navi is the architecture that RDNA (5x series) is based on. RDNA 2 (6x series) is still Navi, but an evolution of it.

Big Navi is RDNA 2, but scaled up to a bigger chip (the bigger the chip the more FPUs, the more performance).

There will also be a smaller RDNA 2 chip for lower performance use.

The font made me think it said “Rona 2.”

halp

THIS MUTHAFUKA GOT THE RONA! :p

AMD has been horrible with naming here. From my understanding:

Navi is the architecture that RDNA (5x series) is based on. RDNA 2 (6x series) is still Navi, but an evolution of it.

Big Navi is RDNA 2, but scaled up to a bigger chip (the bigger the chip the more FPUs, the more performance).

There will also be a smaller RDNA 2 chip for lower performance use.

Custom versions of this in new XBox and Playstation too.

The code name is stupid in my opinion, but I hope this is actually decent and will either be as good or better than NVIDIA.

Looks they delivered strong competition for Nvidia -

Radeon RX 6800: $579 - available November 18
Radeon RX 6800 XT: $649
Radeon RX 6900 XT: $999 - available December 8

AMD Unveils Big Navi: RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 Take On Ampere​

The Radeon RX 6000 series is much more than a value alternative; AMD plans to go against Nvidia's best and may come out ahead.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-rx-6000-rdna-2-big-navi-gpus-revealed

Last edited:
Oh snap - from the rumors I expected competition for the 3070... not for the 3080 and 3090 as well. Wait for proper reviews now, but this looks very promising.

The presentation is just as long as this GN video review. Watch this instead to skip the marketing fluff. :ROFLMAO:

But have they fixed their drivers? I bought my first Nvidia card ever this year and it had nothing to do with hardware.

But have they fixed their drivers? I bought my first Nvidia card ever this year and it had nothing to do with hardware.
I can report that after 2+ months of using my 5700XT that there's been zero issues. No games crashing or sudden black screens, no wonkyness at all.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 review​

Trying to make up my mind 6800 v 3070, or wait for Ti and Super? 3070 slightly slower, maybe cheaper and possibly a better buy?