AMD Radeon 6000 - Big Navi

There really doesn't seem to be much different at least in real world use. Sure, in synthetic testing, but its single frames for the most part.

With the 3070 I’d constantly be anxious about how soon (when, not if) those 8gb of RAM turn into a bottleneck.
Apart from that, I guess it’s down to your usage profile. Is raytracing or dlss of importance to you or in the titles you play? If so: Nvidia.
Edit: for me, currently, I’d get a 6800 in a heartbeat, if it were available and maybe just a tiny bit cheaper ?

How's about you pick whichever one is in stock when you buy it? :p

With the 3070 I’d constantly be anxious about how soon (when, not if) those 8gb of RAM turn into a bottleneck.
Apart from that, I guess it’s down to your usage profile. Is raytracing or dlss of importance to you or in the titles you play? If so: Nvidia.
Edit: for me, currently, I’d get a 6800 in a heartbeat, if it were available and maybe just a tiny bit cheaper ?

Considering I just came from having 2gigs of vram, if 8 suddenly becomes a liability, I'm gonna be pissed.

Ti and Super supposed addre
Considering I just came from having 2gigs of vram, if 8 suddenly becomes a liability, I'm gonna be pissed.

Just got a order for a 3070, so I hope not.

The old radeon I have has 1Gb, so I hope its an improvement. :)

The old card has crashed a few times since I got a 1440p / 165Mhz monitor. Black screen, system still on! Apparently some folks encounter same problem on 5000 series cards!

Well, that was earlier than expected... but who cares, nobody's going to be able to buy the cards anyway, right? Especially with cryptomania once again screwing over the entire market.

Yes, crypto currencies are essentially the most energy intensive pyramid scheme ever. It would be incredibly sweet if/when that bubble bursts.

I'd love me a 6700XT - and since I already profited off the bubble and sold my rx580 for twice what i paid, I'd be perfectly fine with that whole thing crashing right about now :p

Yes, crypto currencies are essentially the most energy intensive pyramid scheme ever. It would be incredibly sweet if/when that bubble bursts.
Amusingly, even the "purposefully de-optimized for mining" RTX 3060 can still earn, like, $7 a day, as long as it's not Ethereum.

Welp, that was fun... I decided to have a live look at the crash just now at launch of sales. Went sort of as expected. I did get one into the cart at least and then got stuck in the payment / shipping process because 95% of the time I was presented with the expected 503 error. At some point I just got kicked out of my cart entirely when, after all of three minutes, all of AMDs own stock was sold out :ROFLMAO: :bangin:

Welp, that was fun... I decided to have a live look at the crash just now at launch of sales. Went sort of as expected. I did get one into the cart at least and then got stuck in the payment / shipping process because 95% of the time I was presented with the expected 503 error. At some point I just got kicked out of my cart entirely when, after all of three minutes, all of AMDs own stock was sold out :ROFLMAO: :bangin:
Does this mean people will be distracted from buying up all the Nvidia cards now? :p