• Total voters

nist7

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
world-record.jpg

Last edited:
Probably won't de-throne Veyron.
But it looks kind of cool :)

It can?t dethrone the veyron, as the veyron is like a luxus car which can do this maximal speed, the ssc is a pure sportscar, what is cool, but not something like the veyron.

Even if it's faster, it ain't better!

yes, people have to understand that the Veyron is not only about top speed - that is why it is just so ultimate. Maybe SSC will smash Veyron's record in top speed but that's not de-throning it at all. Plus, the SSC doesn't look as good as the Veyron. It looks like an ugly child of a threesome between a Murcielago, a Mclaren F1 and a Koenigsegg...

I agree with donkapone, in the case of the Veyron there are cars that are faster, but none that can offer the total package that the Veyron does. Most cars that can hit that speed are little more than massive engines inside a slippery shell. So much has been cut out of the car to get it to that speed that it's nothing you want to spend any time in unless you are at a track.

Will it break the top speed? possibly. Dethrone Veyron? certainly not.

EDIT: another appeal to Veyron is that it can get to that kind of speed without looking like most super cars. When you think about it, most supercars look the same - just low wedge designs with round windscreens. The Veyron is the only one to get to that level of performance and still manage to have styling that is not totally determined by aerodynamics.

I don't think it can do it. Looking at the gearing on the site something just doesn't add up to me. We shall see though. I was suprised that it is well over a second slower in a 0-100-0 test than the Veyron, even with more power. I guess with that much power you probably need AWD.

good luck to them, its a nice looking car from the side, diablo-esque

the headlamps do look like they have been pinched from a ford focus though (late MK1 face lifts could be speced with projector headlamps that look remarkably similar)

i dont think it'll best the bugatti, a normal road is probably not going to be flat enough. the veyron did it at VW test track which from the TG video looks like its as smooth as a sheet of glass.

still the veyron sat rather comfortably at its 253mph speed, definately more left in that car for sure. it looked all rather serene from james mays POV.

i dont doubt that there will be powerfuller, faster cars in the future, but im not sure many of them will be the all round showcase of pure engineering like the veyron is.

(isnt the veyron limited by its tyres? the specially developed michelins just wont spin any faster......does this company SSC have tyres capable of + 253mph speeds? or are they gonna risk a blow out in an attempt to topple the veyron#?)

I don't think it's ugly, they probably just ran out of design ideas because Europe took them all:p . I believe it may make it to the Bugatti's top speed, mabye faster, but it will look like the Enterprise on the crappy Star Trek with Bakula. The car will be shuddering and there will be sparks flying off the the console with smoke, and there will be the red interior light and the computer blaring warning alerts. Then I will be driving home at 4:00 A.M. and see a glow on the horizon like an early sunrise. Which means the car either blew up or went back in time.

1. Man, that is ugly.
  2. That's a freaking huge wind tunnel...(unless it's a model, then it just looks big.)
  3. They're obviously going for the "pimp my ride" definition of luxury rather than the actual definition of luxury: bespoke materials and comfort that the Veyron does successfully. 10 speakers in that tiny cabin?
  4. No matter which car manages to go the fastest, there's always going to be someone else who's going to try to beat that. Right now it just happens to be the Veyron, so that's what everybody's trying to beat.

lol this is seriously just one big jerkoff fest over the veyron on this forum, its hilarious.

only because its "clarkson approved"

i hope it shits all over the veyrons speed record. because i think the veyron is a colossal waste of money, time and materials.

and "it has a nicer interior" is such a ricer excuse.

Last edited:
i hope it shits all over the veyrons speed record. because i think the veyron is a colossal waste of money, time and materials.

The Veyron shits all over it in terms of acceleration, braking, comfort, luxury and I would hazard to say handling. The Veyron will be remembered for many many years whereas this is little more than a flash in the pan, even if it does beat the record.

The Veyron shits all over it in terms of acceleration, braking, comfort, luxury and I would hazard to say handling. The Veyron will be remembered for many many years whereas this is little more than a flash in the pan, even if it does beat the record.

how do you know?

i wasnt aware you know everything about the car before its even released.

thats amazing.

and lol @ the veyron being good at handling. its built by VW and weighs 15234052340852078524lbs.

its not going to be good at handling. its a fat pig with AWD.

i would venture to say it will understeer like a SOB.

and "The Ultimate Aero TT remains remarkably drivable, retaining excellent idle characteristics despite its intention to run for long periods of time at redline. Featuring all the amenities of a luxury sedan, the supple leather/suede interior is highlighted by custom Recaro seats, a 10 speaker premium system, DVD/navigation/backup camera, and a cab-controlled lift that raises the front an extra 4 inches to navigate road hazards."

sounds pretty nice to me.

fuck the veyron. its stupid and the only people who will ever own it are european and american pretty boys who think that its gods gift to the automotive world.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight: you're bashing the Veyron for being fat even though you've never driven it, you've probably never seen one before, and you're blindly speculating about its weight and handling capabilities despite what most reputable automotive magazines, including that Jerry guy, have said about it before?

But you're willing to believe a BS marketing blurb from SSC's website about a car that you know even less about?

:?

I personally think the design is rather boring. It has a dash of Lamborghini Diablo, a pinch of Koenigsegg, and then something else--it just doesn't have any kind of unique identity. I mean seriously, I'm falling asleep looking at it.

I don't care how fast it goes, I'll take the Veyron over this any day... and I'm not exactly a fan of the Veyron's appearance either if that's any indication of how much I don't like this design.

So let me get this straight: you're bashing the Veyron for being fat even though you've never driven it, you've probably never seen one before, and you're blindly speculating about its weight and handling capabilities despite what most reputable automotive magazines, including that Jerry guy, have said about it before?

But you're willing to believe a BS marketing blurb from SSC's website about a car that you know even less about?

:?

i'm bashing the veyron for being fat because...well...

it is.

4162lbs to be exact.

thats about 1162 pounds more than i want from a car i'm paying a truckload of money for. sorry i'm not in love with the veyron like everyone else on this site is.

Last edited:
i would venture to say it will understeer like a SOB.

And I would venture to say this will as uncontrollable as an early 911. That much power going to the rear wheels with nearly 60% of the weight at the back is unlikely to make a nice handling car. But as I said the handling is just my opinion and I doubt there will be many ways of making a direct comparison.

What kind of milage does it get?