America attempts to end Bugatti Veyron's 15 minutes of fame

America attempts to end Bugatti Veyron's 15 minutes of fame

• Total voters
The interior in the SSC is shit. The end.

Veyron is the most luxurious and exclusive, which makes it the one I would pick without a shadow of doubt.

I don't even like the Veyron much and yet think the SSC is crap.

Wow we can do 1 more mph in a car that is a wedge...YAY.

It's all about marketing. Too bad the Veyron was reduced to its top speed so many times when it actually is so much more than just 253mph.

it?s a 253mph fast living room, that handles like an exige. that is what the veyron is.

I would take a Mclaren F1 over both of them.

you guys should remember that Veyron is electronically limited to 407kmh or 253mph, the theoretical max speed is bit greater... but Ultimate Aero has beaten it no question about it.

But, here is why I think the veyron is the daddy: it just wins every pub debate, 1001 hp, 407 kmh, EUR 1.1m, 0-100 in 2.3sec, great handling, goes sideways, beautiful interior, did you know for example that the rear wing's brake force is the same as regular brakes on a VW Polo (it's in the production notes on TG site) and all these little things(10 radiators).. I mean Brad Pitt, Ralph Lauren, Tom Cruise has got one, I know it is not a selling point but Ultimate Aero isn't a car to drive to the academy awards, is it? If you are super-rich, cars don't get any more ultimate than Veyron. period.

Although I have to say that Ultimate Aero is quite an achievement, I mean it was done with so much less money and performs better.. hopefully it will be featured on TG as promised :)

Ultimate Aero exterior actually looks quite similar to Ascari KZ1, don't you think?

ASCARI:
car_photo_215310_7.jpg

Ultimate Aero
ultimateaero.jpg

Fixed that for you. What valuable driving lessons those experiences were. Did you own an MR2 at one point, JCE3000GT?

I didn't find the 2nd gens to be quite as a handful as the 1st gens. And no, I personally never owned one--but my brother has owned two (both white '85 models) which he has sold one off for parts...and the other is currently disassembled in his garage as we are in the process or building it up. They are quite a car, too bad Toyota doesn't make anything as fun to drive anymore.

Ultimate Aero exterior actually looks quite similar to Ascari KZ1, don't you think?
[/IMG]

Eventhough I hate the look of Veyron..................and don't get how ppl can like it's head. (I do like it's tail thou. ;))

Veyron is over better then Ultimate Aero

and oh yeah..... Ultimate Aero looks like a KZ1 that got ran over by a truck :?

I like them both, the Veyron and the Ultimate Aero TT. ;)

Veyron is a luxury car which just happens to have 1001bhp and in my mind Aero is made to do only one thing: top speed (?). Only drawback is that it looks like any other super/sports car (*cough*Ascari*cough*), but nothing looks like a Veyron. It's not my favourite one, but the looks are one of a kind.

Where Veyron has 4-wheel drive, Ultimate Aero TT should be insane with even more power and RWD. :D I wonder if it is as stable as the Veyron when going near top speed...

Last edited:
I would take a Mclaren F1 over both of them.

you, are my new best friend :D glad to see someone who thinks the F1 is still the daddy.

Come on, the F1 is the old fanboy favorite. The new fanboy favorite is the Veyron, get with the times!

+1

The Koenigsegg is at least a lot cooler than the F1.

As much as I like the Veyron, I have to agree that the McLaren F1 still is the daddy. Todays supercars just try to hard to be uber-super and therefor fail. The F1 did it all: it looked and still looks very beautiful while not sacrificing anything for it, was very very fast in all terms (acceleration, top speed, cornering) and was very easy to use for a supercar. An N/A BMW V12 with more than 600 horses in a fairly lightweight car with a centered drivers seat and great visibility - what more can you want? The Veyron is great for what it is and defeats the F1 in some terms, but overall, the McLaren still is the #1 in terms of the ultimate supercar for me.

Dont forget the Koeningsegg CCXR guys, its not tested properly by anyone yet.. :p

I wonder would this American wonder be road legal in Europe.

I'm sure it can be made so with minimal effort. We are more lax on these things than the US as far as I can tell, certainly in the UK.

Everything said here about the interior of the SSC and they Veyron are purely you opinions. I don't like the Veyron to begin with (looks like a squashed VW Beetle which looked like a testicle) and the Veyron interior is too gaudy for my liking (not to mention I don't like it's color).

I like the looks of the SSC, but I'd prefer the CCX over both of them.

I'm also glad that the Veyron has actually been beaten by another car, I don't care if it's a production car or not, I never liked the Veyron being at the top.