American cage fighter rips out training partners beating heart - wait, what?

D

D-Fence

American cage fighter 'rips out still-beating heart of training partner after fearing he was possessed by the devil'

article-0-09D2A2A1000005DC-134_233x316.jpg

A U.S. cage fighter ripped out the heart of his training partner while he was still alive after becoming convinced he was possessed by the devil, it was alleged today.

Jarrod Wyatt also cut out Taylor Powell's tongue and ripped off most of his face in a brutal assault that police said looked like a scene from a horror film, officers said.

They claim they found the 26-year-old standing naked over his friend's body with parts, including an eyeball, strewn around the blood splattered room in Klamath, California.

Wyatt allegedly told police he had drunk a cup of tea spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms and became convinced Powell was possessed.

According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.

The coroner said Powell had been alive when the organ was ripped out after his chest had been sliced open with a knife.

Wyatt told the police he thrown the heart into a fire along with other organs that he had removed from the body, it was claimed.

He allegedly told investigators he cooked the body parts because he was fearful Powell was still alive and he ?needed to stop the Devil?.

Police had been called to the grisly scene after a third friend had witnessed a sudden mood change in Wyatt after they had all ingested wild mushroom tea.

Justin Davis told police he returned to the flat to find Wyatt naked and covered from head to toe in blood.

He noticed an eyeball lying in the middle of the floor and saw Powell's mutilated body.

A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions.

?My client was trying to silence the devil,? said James Fallman.

?I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.?

Wyatt has been charged with first degree murder and torture.

Prosecutors added the torture charge as Powell was still alive when his heart was removed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...training-partner-fearing-possessed-devil.html

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

The internet has somewhat numbed me. I came in expecting at least a video of said ripping, if not a humorous gif.

So if anyone can provide such media, it'll be +rep for sure. :p

It would have been better if his tea was spiked with PCP, then he'd just do it to himself.

"According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out."

You know somehow I don't think the bleeding out was his biggest concern at that point......

Indiana-Jones-heart_l.jpg

It's interesting to see you can bleed to death without the heart pumping the blood.

Spiked tea?

That?s not an easy feat. Since it?s in the Daily Mail I call shenanigans.

What redliner said, i haven't seen this story in any "respectable" newspaper.

I'm no expert but wouldent the ribs be in the way anyhow?

He could have taken it out from underneath.

It's real and apparently a two month old story.

[Edit] And Clegko beat me to it. :lol:

FightOpinion said:
The alleged incident took place in Del Norte County (the most Northwestern county in the state of California).

Klamath is a beach area about a hour or so north of Eureka, which is the one ?major? town in the county south of Del Norte County, in Humboldt County. Humboldt County is part of ?The Emerald Triangle? along with Mendocino County (south) and Trinity County (east). Recently, The Daily Beast named Eureka as the most stoned city in America. I?m sure the locals are so proud of that accomplishment. In other words, the drug climate in the Emerald Triangle and up north is very active. With medical marijuana permits being allowed in the state, The Emerald Triangle and surrounding areas have seen kind of a boom in terms of their own version of horticulture.

Jarrod Wyatt, the man accused in the case, is in Del Norte County. Del Norte County is home to Pelican Bay supermax prison, which is one of the worst places in the world that you want to be. Riots happen all the time at that place. You do not want to be in that facility.

If you want to read a catalog of stories about this case over the past two months, click here and read Google?s listings from The Times-Standard, which is Eureka?s newspaper.

The case is currently being tried in Del Norte County in Crescent City. Crescent City, the one ?main? city (if you want to call it that), is about 90-100 minutes driving north of Eureka. Don?t expect Crescent City to have the media, outside of their small newspaper The Triplicate, to be able to do a lot of in-depth coverage on the court proceedings. Crescent City?s media market pulls mostly from Southern Oregon (think: Medford). Perhaps the Medford media will take a look and cover the case. Crescent City is right next to Brookings, which is a small town on the Oregon side of the border where people go during the Summer.

The story of the ?heart-ripping Cage Fighter? drew national attention after The Daily Mail, one of London?s yellow papers, gave the case sensational attention. It was soon picked up by Drudge, New York Daily News, and other media outlets. The reason why you didn?t hear about this story sooner is because in the top third portion of California (the part that most Southern Californians consider to be more or less part of Oregon), everything is really spread out and there isn?t much media concentration at all. The distance between towns like Crescent City, Eureka, Redding, Chico, and Ukiah is long.

SOURCE

Last edited:
A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions.

?My client was trying to silence the devil,? said James Fallman.

?I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.?

Slightly off topic but I hate this defense. He was in control when he took the mushrooms. Any results of that are his full responsibility.

[video=youtube;iVoy-3n0Hr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVoy-3n0Hr4[/video]

cage fighter, huh? wouldn't want to spend any time near a sober one even.