American Le Mans: Portland Grand Prix TEASER

Thrasher

Car(s)
1976 BMW 2002
I went to the practice/qualify day for the ALMS. I am going for the race on saturday but I have to go somewhere on sunday so I probably won't be able to post the race shots 'till monday.

Anyway, The sounds of the BMW M3 and the Aston DBR-9 gave me shivers the first time they came around. Those two sound immense, you have to experience it for youself to really get the feeling.

The sounds kept a smile on my face but the heat did not. It was way too hot, with a high of 105 F. I didn't really get some of the shots I wanted because of the constant need to be near a faucet to keep refilling the water bottle. I couln't really get around to the backside of the track.

DSC_0051r.jpg

DSC_0055r.jpg

DSC_0088r.jpg

DSC_0095r.jpg

DSC_0117r.jpg

DSC_0126r.jpg

DSC_9817r.jpg

DSC_9808r.jpg

Thanks for posting these for our enjoyment, they are some amazing photography.
I especially love that shot of the M3.

I'd love to go... if it wasn't 100+ F this weekend. :|

OMG OMG OMG OMG...I am really hoping that when ALMS comes around to Road America in late August that I'll get to see the DBR9's; usually its a small field because the season is winding down and teams are getting ready for the Petit LeMans.

Great pics!

I can not imagine what it's like in there. I heard that in the 2005 Le Mans 24 that the inboard temps in some of the GT cars (probably Corvette and Aston) was reaching 170 F :eek: :eek: I don't know whether this is true or not. I remember that in that race there were a few drivers suffering from heat exhuastion like David Brabham I think.

The race is at 6:00pm tonight so it probably will be a little bit cool from the afternoon down but it will still be boiling hot probably

This is probably a record high temp in this area this weekend. The Pacific Northwest is known for rain and wet so this hot weather is not usual

Okay, this is BS. It was supposed to be 105F today, but instead it only hit like 88F and we even got a few sprinkles. :bangin:

Oh! And the main race will be on CBS at 6PM (at least local time, dunno what time EST and such). :D

nice shots.. I took about 6gb worth myself and will get a few up over the next few days.

I will post up my shots later today, new thread ?

I took about 2gb because that's all I have memory wise .The race was pretty good but It's hard to actually watch the racing when you are concentrating on taking photos. The BMW's sound like heaven :D :D