Ownership Verified: American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

blackman

Car(s)
'06 Cooper S / '89 316i / '15 MT09 Tracer
As some of you may know, after moving from Germany to the United States (Cincinnati, Ohio to be precise), I wanted to do the sensible thing and get myself some American muscle for the time I will spend here.
So since the collective hive-mind of finalgear was not able to talk me out of a Mustang (see http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/talk-me-out-of-a-2011-mustang-gt-56842/ for details ;-) ) I actually test drove some.
And what can I say, I was not dissapointed. Bring on all the live axle jokes you want, I really liked the newer stangs.

So after checking a few of them out, I ended up with a 2013 5.0 GT Premium. It's not even a year old and has only 6000miles on it. Needless to say it's a manual, SYNC, etc... ;-)

This is how I found it at the dealership:

After some negotiations (I did not pay nearly the sticker price...) it was time to pick it up!

And then a bunch of random pics to show you why this thread was taking so long (I actually have it for about a month now). Its FREAKING COLD in Ohio!

Some random shots I took in the last couple of weeks:

First Mod: Brodit Halter (ProClip USA over here) cannot live without these any more...

Oh and of course, verification pics:

hope this fulfills the requirment ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. You can't get more American than a muscle car with racing stripes! :D

Great color combo!

Yes. Very good.

Do you mind me asking what has misled you to the US and A?

To complete your americanisation, you now need to get the obligatory and inevitable speeding ticket :p

I'm going to need to bring my Mustang down to Cinnci sometime for a group shot. Excellent choice!

Last edited:
Yes. Very good. Do you mind me asking what has misled you to the US and A?

My employer thought it might be a good idea, that I teach the yanks a thing or two about german engineering ;-)

I'm going to need to bring my Mustang down to Cinnci sometime for a group shot. Excellent choice!

Please do! Should be fun!

In the meantime I'm planning the first automotive events. Will probably take part in this: http://www.sccastartingline.com/ I'm also looking into doing trackdays with a couple of coworkers in Mid-Ohio or Putnam Park.

Should be a fun summer!

Please do! Should be fun!

In the meantime I'm planning the first automotive events. Will probably take part in this: http://www.sccastartingline.com/ I'm also looking into doing trackdays with a couple of coworkers in Mid-Ohio or Putnam Park.

Should be a fun summer!

Oh man! May 17th. I totally want to do that.

Yep, May 17th Wilmington Air Park. As of know it's a coworker with a BMW 135i and me.

I love the car! Like other have said, The white stripes on blue body look amazing!

Oh man! May 17th. I totally want to do that.

Not to hijack the thread but they do one in Detroit every spring as well. A couple friends went to it last year and they enjoyed it. I'll probably do it this year myself.

Not to hijack the thread but they do one in Detroit every spring as well. A couple friends went to it last year and they enjoyed it. I'll probably do it this year myself.

1. Why not both? Seems like excellent value for money.
2. There are some people I don't like probably going to this, so why not arrange a FG meet with cool people instead even if it means driving a little ways.
3. The Detroit date is TBD right now, so I don't think it will be in the spring.

'grats, love the look of this gen Mustang and the color is just right

These cars just make a lot more sense out here. Bigger, wider roads, cheaper gas, not as many mountain passes... Lots of drag strips...

You have been to the drag strip with it, right?

American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

I haven't been to the dragstrip (yet). In the meantime I signed up for SCCA starting line in Wilmington on the 17th of May.

EDIT: Got my plates!

Last edited: