- May 15, 2006
- Loughborough UK
- '03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Yeah but the show isn't made for you - it's made for a BRITISH audience and is also paid for by that same BRITISH audience.
If an American decides to go and download it for free from a torrent site and they don't like the content - that's your problem.
i will buy you a beer mate, i have been saying this for ages about non-paying, non-targetted viewers getting irate at some of the things clarkson and TG do.
1. you download it free from a torrent site...that alone gives you ZERO right to complain
2. the show is filmed by brits, its scripted by brits, the jokes/gags/stabs are done so us brits get a laugh (ie we will find them funny, and given that we are good with humility and being criticised, we can laugh at him attackin us too... example rover jokes or unions etc), its presented by 3 patriotic brits to a british audience in a british hanger on a british airfield in the british country side.
3. i have used the word brit/british so many times in the previous point that i hope you will understand who the target audience are and the where the ideas, on which the show is based, come from.
4. it is our (the british) 1 hour entertainment show, in which we can poke fun at all the other countries and our own and laugh merrily along with our cups of tea and hob-knob biscuits without giving a dead rats ass about who we offend.
personally i think complaining about something you got free is one of the most ungreatful and cheeky things a person can do.
you know, if you pay for a new TV and it doesnt work...you have the right to complain your ass off down at currys or dixons.
if you get the TV for nowt......and it doesnt work. well thats tough luck, you havent lost anything anyway so just get on with it.