An Aussie in Texas, March 14-24, 2019.

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S, '08 X5 3.0D
Since the previous thread was lost in The Great Forum Cleanup of 2019, I'll restart it here.

As the title says, I'm coming to Dallas from March 14-24 for a 5 game Dallas Stars home stand, and other adventures!
I'll be staying in Oak Lawn, and the Stars games are on March 15, 17, 19, 21 & 23. Otherwise my schedule is WIDE open.

I know there few several people who expressed interest in a meet-up, or who had suggestions on things to check out, so let's get the ball rolling again!

Well, I'll be driving over from Orlando, so I'll be interested in places to go while in Dallas as I've never been there before.

How does Saturday March 16 work for a hangout day for everyone?

That's fine and I may be available during the week as well.

Works for me. I'll be available during the week as well.

Calendar now marked for the 16th. I have some other stuff the week or two beforehand, so that shouldn't be a problem and I may be available other days should something pop up.

Still looking for flights, but trends are looking unfavorable. Shame too because I'm seeing DTW-DFW flights for peanuts on random weekends in other months.

I'll be around and up for stuff.

Just found out my band is playing a gig on the 22nd, so you could come to that!

Just talked to thomas - if you're willing to insure his Caddy for the time you use it, you can borrow it while you're here instead of having to rent a car (which would be way more costly). The usual you break it, you fix it (with the assistance of others) or you pay to fix it policy applies, though.

If you pass through Houston let me know. Can offer pizza or a place to crash if you need.
I'll have to look and see what route I'll end up taking, but I'll let you know if I do.

Just talked to thomas - if you're willing to insure his Caddy for the time you use it, you can borrow it while you're here instead of having to rent a car (which would be way more costly). The usual you break it, you fix it (with the assistance of others) or you pay to fix it policy applies, though.

The floor mats are clean! :D

Anyone want a T-shirt from the 12 Hours of Sebring? They're blowing out last year's shirts for 10 bucks each and I was going to grab a couple for myself.

I'm down in Austin in case anyone ends up down here. Meet the Puffalumps!

So, I'm a terrible person and never put in for time off so I won't be around for this. sorry. :(