An European wants a modern American Muscle Car - Which one to buy ?

Also the Commodore isn't retro.

And the more recent model, as stated is 4.8 I consider 3 tenths of a second differance on two cars with a 7 year age gap pretty damn "The same".

O.K., but the Mustang I listed was the base V8, said Camaro was the top of the line SS.

Does driving a Mercedes in Serbia automatically make one a criminal or what is the reason he don't want one? :p

Does driving a Mercedes in Serbia automatically make one a criminal or what is the reason he don't want one? :p

Pretty much...

If you drive a big Mercedes, BMW, Audi in Eastern Europe you are a cock.
Although, I'm not sure what would muscle car drivers be then...

I'm actually in this zone, that you're talking about. Basically, Brits have chavs. Yes? And we have idiots whoy buy old/new BMWs, Mercs, Audis (not that often) with the smallest engine possible and no more than 5? worth of fuel in the tank.
And why bring a muscle car into Serbia or anywhere near there baffles me. It'll be either keyed/spat on/without wheels/hijacked within 5 minutes. Tops.

Oh and one thing: Balkans; i.e. Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia aren't Eastern Europe...too south. We are Central, but those under us classify more as Southern Europe... ;) ( I know, I know, pedantic crap, but it always bothers me..)

Oh and one thing: Balkans; i.e. Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia aren't Eastern Europe...too south. We are Central, but those under us classify more as Southern Europe... ;) ( I know, I know, pedantic crap, but it always bothers me..)

Not geographically but in culture. You know, west vs. east, cold war, Soviet union, Russia, vodka, religions and all that.

I'm actually in this zone, that you're talking about. Basically, Brits have chavs. Yes? And we have idiots whoy buy old/new BMWs, Mercs, Audis (not that often) with the smallest engine possible and no more than 5? worth of fuel in the tank.

You just described my cousin. He is saving up to buy a E36 318is and he wants to put an LPG system so it will be cheap to run...what's the point of having a BMW coupe that will get overtaken by Dacias.

I suppose that's the reason behind his thinking. He already has a two Mercs, a Grand Cherokee and a Harley Davidson bike, I suppose he likes the american style or whatever,
and doesn't like being equated to those complete moron kids who drive Audis ( most often here ), BMWs and Mercedes ( for some reason Mercedes isn't a douchebagmobile as much as it used to be here ).

And why bring a muscle car into Serbia or anywhere near there baffles me. It'll be either keyed/spat on/without wheels/hijacked within 5 minutes. Tops.

I suppose we live in a peaceful part of Serbia because I've rarely heard about cars getting stolen, or defaced... incidentally, some guys I know did hijack some foregin bloke's SUV - he called the police, and they were arrested within a day. That's the only hijacking I've heard about.
Are you sure it's not just anti-Serbian propaganda? I mean, Serbs will try to overcharge you for shit, act rude, try to start a fight... we are obnoxious assholes... like Jersey shore Guidos... but really it's just not a very dangerous place.

Yeah, but culturally it's more similar to eastern Europe than to places like Greece or Italy.

Based on what I've read in this thread so far - a 2010 Mustang V6 would be perfect. The V6 means it doesn't drink gas like the V8 models, and the Mustang is also the most narrow and rough-road friendly of the bunch, making it the most eastern europe friendly.

The 2005-2009 Mustangs have the same platform and are very similar to 2010, but the 2010 has a vastly improved interior, the best of the modern bunch (vs. Camaro and Challenger). The 2011 Mustang has a much more powerful V6 and V8 engine, but those are still new, so I'm not sure how long it will take to get one there.

I would avoid the Challenger like the plauge, it will be the least reliable, most expensive to service, and it's as wide as a small moon.

Last edited:
I would avoid the last gen V6 ('95-10). It is a dog.

If he wants good handling and doesn't care about power, an American muscle car doesn't seem to be a good fit.

This guy's talking sense. :p

The Mustang is the best handling of the 3. The Mustang and the Challenger have the best V8 rumble, the Camaro has the best LOOKING interior, but the materials are better in the Mustang. The Challenger interior is boring, and looks/feels cheap.

The Challenger looks the most like it's classic namesake. The Camaro looks good from most angles, but the back is simply goofy, and has horrible visibility. Also, the door sills come up to about my earlobes. Most people driving them look like children because the doors are so high.

This topic just gets more hilarious with every post :rofl: :rofl:

You just described my cousin. He is saving up to buy a E36 318is and he wants to put an LPG system so it will be cheap to run...what's the point of having a BMW coupe that will get overtaken by Dacias.

Yeah, and then the problem over here is also that they think they are very pimpin'..cool. For gods sake..

I suppose that's the reason behind his thinking. He already has a two Mercs, a Grand Cherokee and a Harley Davidson bike, I suppose he likes the american style or whatever,
and doesn't like being equated to those complete moron kids who drive Audis ( most often here ), BMWs and Mercedes ( for some reason Mercedes isn't a douchebagmobile as much as it used to be here ).

I suppose we live in a peaceful part of Serbia because I've rarely heard about cars getting stolen, or defaced... incidentally, some guys I know did hijack some foregin bloke's SUV - he called the police, and they were arrested within a day. That's the only hijacking I've heard about.
Are you sure it's not just anti-Serbian propaganda? I mean, Serbs will try to overcharge you for shit, act rude, try to start a fight... we are obnoxious assholes... like Jersey shore Guidos... but really it's just not a very dangerous place.

If you are in a good spot, then no problem...but I know what kind of crap the Serbs and Bosnians do over here so.. I remain sceptical.. =)

Here's my two cents after reading the thread: the Chrysler 300C. They sell them in Europe, you can get them easily from central Europe, you can service/repair them etc etc. Not the most exotic or sporty, or the best built, but it does have some presence, grunt and retro styling. It's a big bruiser and a tight fit on narrow streets, but it's not going to be the only one in your country which means he can live with it.

Last edited:
EDIT: nvm, no point.

I don't really have an opinion on this (as American muscle cars don't really do much for me), but like public said, you are probably best sacrificing some looks and exclusivity for ease of parts sourcing and servicing in this case. It would suck if the car got a major fault early in its life and nobody would fix it for you.

Last edited:
I'll third that. 300C is the most sane options.

300c = Challenger... no point. There are several 2005-2010 Mustangs in my city here, and they look awesome. I'd go for the Mustang if i had to choose between the 3 american muscle cars. The Mustang is also the smallest of the 3, making it more suitable for the narrower streets.