Analysis on the rise and fall of CHM

As you say, they act as they don't need anything to prove. In my opinion that's why they lost the soul. Also the format of the show is changed, don't get me wrong but as an "entertainment show" there are plenty of shows around doing far better. Clarkson and others role of "an entertainer" is not something that they can really manage. It shouldn't be in the first place.

They have already lost their chemistry Top Gear in last few seasons.

Their time is passed :)

episode 1x13 made me lol a few times.
However, I agree that they try too hard to be funny sometimes when it should just come from their naturally-great chemistry.

This is an odd show

OP here's a suggestion: Stop watching, get over it, and move on with your life. I've done this with F1 and I couldn't be happier.

Dwelling about the past and what the show should have been is a pointless endeavor.

That's exactly what I did after the third episode.

I stuck with the last reason of TG but couldn't stick out through the TGT season. Bloated, old and overly scripted the whole killing of celebs week after week was okay only once and even then they did it three or four times already in the first show.

Glad TG is better this season than last, and should likely get better. I'm more prepared to give these guys time to develop, much the same way I did the last time TG was reinvented when Clarkson came back........he and they just can't resurrect TGT anymore, May seems just so disconnected now and gains more pleasure from the multitude of other shows TG launched him into.

So you stopped watching on episode 3, but you're sure they cant get better. Without watching the rest of them.

Can you give me the lottery numbers too?

**edit
Don't get me wrong, if you don't like the show, don't watch it. But I'm sick and tired of people thinking "I don't like it" means "it is not good and this is an universal truth". Get off your high horse, you might suffocate.

Last edited:
So you stopped watching on episode 3, but you're sure they cant get better. Without watching the rest of them.

Can you give me the lottery numbers too?

**edit
Don't get me wrong, if you don't like the show, don't watch it. But I'm sick and tired of people thinking "I don't like it" means "it is not good and this is an universal truth". Get off your high horse, you might suffocate.

Funny, I gave an opinion, mine, but never said how anybody else should feel so I certainly didn't mention anything "universally."

If S2 starts out better, from my opinion, then I might stick with it but I'll certainly watch the first.

Given the series was shot in advance of televising I couldn't see how anything would/could change. If it did, fine, then I missed it but if it didn't, then I didn't. I've already watched three episodes of the new TG and feel better about it than I did after the first three TGT.......again, just my feeling! I'm not telling you at all to like or not, because in truth I don't care.

Given the series was shot in advance of televising I couldn't see how anything would/could change.

That's a pretty shortsighted. The series was still feeling its way through a new format the first three entries, and the editing, structure, and sequencing are less assured than in the later episodes. Those make a big difference in the quality of a show, even if the format isn't radically changed. So the last three episodes of the first series are a better indicator of series 2. But perhaps you should stick with the new TG anyway.

Short bit of trivia: the celebrities are killed off because of concerns the BBC will start legal shit if they do interviews TG style.

It would have been better to just do a celebrity killing in the first episode though, as an ironic way of saying "we don't do that anymore". If was just too unfunny for a running gag.

No it ain't cos it opens the doors to a surprise survivor if they do get over the legal shit and can actually interview people again.

No it ain't cos it opens the doors to a surprise survivor if they do get over the legal shit and can actually interview people again.

"we won, we can interview peeps again!"
would've worked as well

no need to keep that annoying bit up

It lasts an entire minute, if there's a definition of getting your panties in a bunch over something stupid, is complaining about that bit.

if they do get over the legal shit and can actually interview people again.
I've yet to see any definitive ruling published on the 'no guests' restriction which is said to have been made by the BBC. It seems to me we've just joined some dots on the lack of a (surviving) guest and assumed they're not there because the BBC said 'No guests' in TGT tent and no interviews with anyone slightly famous.

Considering the number of TV shows where guests are invited on to chat, surely the BBC wouldn't be able to get that constraint past the relevant authority.

They’re getting old and it seems like this season they’re just dealing with it now. One season of the grand tour seems like it would have been enough. Let them retire and fade away from the limelight.

Harout;n3543218 said:
Season 2 still unwatchable garbage. Pathetic.

lol

I have to say, I'm surprised how boring are those laps in that glorious Jag. Watching underpowered Liana on faster track was waaay more fun.

"bla bla, the past is always better, bla bla, in my time..."

You sound old, not them

caro;n3543685 said:
I have to say, I'm surprised how boring are those laps in that glorious Jag. Watching underpowered Liana on faster track was waaay more fun.

Yes - that was kind of the point, wasn't it... see what a normal driver in a normal car could do when pushed to the limit.

Recent episodes were decent. Less cringe more fun. Lancia mini docu was excellent.

Mozambique special was quality, I did enjoy.

Last edited: