• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

anbody heard of morpheus

iboss429

Car(s)
Mercury Marauder
what is it and is it worth downloading

I believe it's an older P2P application, is it not? Someone help me here. :p

Morpheus is still being used?... I only remember this during the age where everyone used Kazaa which was like 2-3 years ago

It's P2P that uses Fast-Track, primarily for DLing music, had/has a very similar look like KaZaA and has more spyware than an ex-KGB agents closet. :)

And no, it's no werth DLing, get KaZaA* lite or something.

*User does not condone illegal filesharing :p

jensked said:
Ares or Shareaza.
so which is better or should i say which is worth the download

I havent had anything to do with Ares, but i had shareaza for a while and it seems next to useless. I use eDonkey2000 and eXeem mostly.

Cruzz563 said:
It's P2P that uses Fast-Track, primarily for DLing music, had/has a very similar look like KaZaA and has more spyware than an ex-KGB agents closet. :)

Why do you type "werk" instead of work and werth instead of worth.. :lol:

eXeem is useless in my opinion, I could never find anything decent in the short time that I used it. Azureus and limewire are the two that I use, limewire is excellent for music and Azureus is a good torrent manager. eMule is also pretty good but it takes along time to connect to peers and often gives slow download speeds.

Torrents are definitely the way to go with so many torrent sites being released out there, unfortunately my service provider (Etisilat in the UAE) has alot of fun blocking sites and they are starting to target torrent sites so i need to find a way around proxy soon, they have already taken out Isohunt which was a brilliant site for what I wanted and looks like they might go for others soon...if anyone has an easy way around proxy by changing the port filtering I would be interested to hear about it...Ive looked up several things like Http tunneling but it is just a tad above my head :)

i use soulseek for getting music

TF

Jostyrostelli said:
Cruzz563 said:

Why do you type "werk" instead of work and werth instead of worth.. :lol:

:lol: I told you before, habit, because "W", "E", & "R" are all in row on the keyboard...call me lazy :p

morpheus is old and bloated with spyware.

Get limewire: no spyware whatsoever.

jensked said:
well Ares is something like the old KazaaLight :)

I like limewire better though :) It's very similiar

ares is definintly the best ive ever came across. i dl a lot of music and i wouldnt use anything but ares. limewire is alright but i find it odd to use.

Limewire is really really good for downloading music, but thats abt it, it lacks in terms of movies and software type options, better to go Torrents for that.