Unverified Ownership And back to the light again! Sifus F11 BMW 528i

sifu

Car(s)
-11 BMW F11 528i Sport
Long time since I posted here or commented anything. Nice to see this still somewhat active and as nice as always!

I started searching for a bigger estate car after knowing that I am going to have a second child. I also assumed that my mileage per year will decline and therefore in the land of taxation it means that I do not need a diesel anymore. Therefore I decided to trade (ninth of january actually) my 320d ( My venture to the dark side ) to an 2011 registered (2010 model) F11 BMW 528i.

It is the 6 cylinder non turbo version with 190kW / 258hp and 320nm of torque. 195tkm on the clock. Options list is quite short and is missing some kit that i had on my previous car (navi, comfort access to name a few) but has some nice features also like BT audio (old had only BT phone)

Below is the options list:

Steering Left Hand Drive
Engine N53
Displacement 3.00
Power 190kw / 258hp
Drive HECK
Transmission Automatic
Colour SOPHISTOGRAU BRILLANTEFFEKT METALLI (A90)
Upholstery STOFFLEDER TUDORANTHRAZIT (FPAT)

Comfort And Interior Equipment
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S481A Sports Seat
S494A Seat Heating Driverpassenger
S4B9A Interior Strips Alu Satinpolished

Multimedia
S644A Preparation F Mobile Phone W Bluetooth
S676A HiFi Speaker System
S698A AreaCode 2 For DVD
S6VCA Control For Combox
- Bavsound Amplifier Upgrade Available

Driver Assistance And Lightning
S502A Headlight Cleaning System
S508A Park Distance Control PDC
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic Air Conditioning
S548A Kilometercalibrated Speedometer

Wheels And Drive
S230A Extra Package EUspecific
S255A Sports Leather Steering Wheel
S258A Tire With Runflat Functionality
S2K2A BMW LA Wheel V Spoke 328
S2PAA Wheel Bolt Retainer
S2TBA Sport Automatic Transmission

Environment And Safety
S302A Alarm System
S3MCA Indiv Roof Rail Highgloss Shadow Line
S842A Coldclimate Version
S850A ZUSAETZL TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT
S853A Language Version English
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S877A Delete Crosspattern Operation
S885A Onboard Vehicle Literature Swedish
S896A Daytime Driving Light Switch
S8KAA OELWARTUNGSINT 30000KM24MONATE
S8SMA Car Ident Number Visible From Outside
S8TFA Active Pedestrian Protection
S8TGA Thiefproofing Device
S8TLA TAGFAHRLICHT FRONT UND HECK AKTIV
S8TNA Daytime Runlights Adjusvia Light Menu
S8V2A Label

Individual Equipment
S760A High Gloss Shadow Line

Other Equipment
S1CAA Selection Of COP Relevant Vehicles
S1CBA CO2 Package
S1CDA Brake Energy Regeneration

This is the state i got it with summer tires and dirty car (sorry no proper pics from winter):
2019-04-09%2007.28.56.jpg

2019-04-19%2019.57.00.jpg

Couple of changes have been made already. My front spring snapped and I decided to replace them with eibach -30mm kit and then lower the backend via software.
2019-05-23%2016.51.43-Copy(1).jpg

Then I replaced my rims with 20" Alpina replica wheels.
2019-07-02%2009.01.32.jpg

2019-07-02%2009.02.08.jpg

Then i bought new set of tires
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 (recommend btw) in size 245/35R20 and 275/30R20
I also installed heko wind deflectors for side windows.. Had them on my last car and I just like em visually.
2019-08-11%2011.30.05.jpg

Now I am thinking about painting the front kidney insides (not the surrounding part, mimicking g30 models) and metal colored bits via the fog lights black with plastidip. What you reckon?

Also somekind of front lip (greetings) could be nice but for non M-sport they are hard to find in design that looks good IMO.

Will take proof picture in the near future.

Oooooh, I quite like the Alpina wheels!

Looks the buisness, has a good engine, and is a wagon. Bingo!

Greetings, lip

Thanks for the kind words. The car is at the shop again (snapped front spring, n0x sensor, MAP-sensor have been already changed) and now something else... idle started being rough (rpms drop to 400 about) and its like skipping cylinder occasionally, whining and clicking.

Luckily I bought dealer warranty (12months 20k kms) for the car and their attitude towards the problems have been super helpful. So a big plus for the dealer for it.

Digging the choice of engine. ;)

Those big wheels look really nice! How's the traction of Ventus S1 on wet roads? Need to change my tires soon and I'm torn between hankook and falken azenis.

Thanks for the kind words. The car is at the shop again (snapped front spring, n0x sensor, MAP-sensor have been already changed) and now something else... idle started being rough (rpms drop to 400 about) and its like skipping cylinder occasionally, whining and clicking.

Luckily I bought dealer warranty (12months 20k kms) for the car and their attitude towards the problems have been super helpful. So a big plus for the dealer for it.
Apparently ccv valve had a leak and some more, new crankcase and off we go. 4 total time at the shops 4weeks for various reasons. Had a car from dealer for the whole time (2015 passat) plus one day service shop rental for free (2019 1)series.

Those big wheels look really nice! How's the traction of Ventus S1 on wet roads? Need to change my tires soon and I'm torn between hankook and falken azenis.
I dont have proper experience driving these in wet conditions yet. They are rated A for those conditions so should be good.

Apparently ccv valve had a leak and some more, new crankcase and off we go. 4 total time at the shops 4weeks for various reasons. Had a car from dealer for the whole time (2015 passat) plus one day service shop rental for free (2019 1)series.

Crankcase or valvecover?

After valvecover replacement there was some leakage of gasoline to bank 6 plug hole which resulted coil popping out of its mount. Dealership dealed that. Now the car is moving but there are more small problems with it. the engine is slightly cutting out cold and warm. Fuel pressure low intermittent fault code was found. Its going to a check up once again 15th of november. Shall see what they will found out.

And now the fuel pressure sensor is replaced and booked a service for lambda 1 replacement (had burnt wire against exhaust manifold) and lambda2 (which was supposed to be replaced yesterday) will be replaced if the measurements are off after lambda1 replacement.

the linear torquey pull is now back and for now I have not gotten any weird cuttings or misfire -type of things. Fingers crossed. Much better now.

Should make an appointment to automatic trans clean, flush and oil replacement because of slight jerkiness on changes when cold.

I find it curious how europe went with Lambda sensors and the US chose O2.

I find it curious how europe went with Lambda sensors and the US chose O2.
A lambda sensor *is* an oxygen sensor. "Lambda" is just the optimal fuel/air ratio. Per Volvo:

The key to the whole thing was a small thing the size of a finger. The oxygen-sensing probe was positioned in the exhaust pipe between the engine and the catalytic converter. It quite simply measured the oxygen content of the exhaust emissions and sent its information to the engine's management system, which in turn adjusted the fuel/air mixture to keep within the narrow "window" which around Lambda=1 – approximately 14.3:1 – gives the catalytic converter optimal efficiency.

Fuel pressure sensor change helped a lot. Hesitation is gone and slight judders are almost unnoticeable and much rarer.

Lambda1 sensor is also changed and my fuel consumption is now lower than ever. Avg speed 70kmh and 7.1l/100km says the computer. All is good for now

Great car, the F11 has aged REALLY well, or better, not at all.

Just be aware:

This one CAN be annoying. It means if you lock the car with the remote you cannot disable the alarm with the key, only with the remote. So in case your battery in the remote dies..........party mode.

Great car, the F11 has aged REALLY well, or better, not at all.

Just be aware:

This one CAN be annoying. It means if you lock the car with the remote you cannot disable the alarm with the key, only with the remote. So in case your battery in the remote dies..........party mode.
Good to know. *Thumbs up*