And So, My Epic Battle Begins...

Yup. Get rid of wolves to protect foraging livestock, and suddenly herbivore populations explode. Whaddaya know.

Car accidents with deer used to kill dozens per year in my little suburb. Solution? Extended open hunting season. Result? Deer moved to the next town over for a while, then came back.

Soooo...I'm not exactly sure I understand how a possible broken ankle is worth the slaughter of furry yard residents. Rats and mice I can see since they can carry diseases, get in your house and then food, etc. But gophers? They're just chillin' in your yard...
Assuming you not trolling :))), homeowners shouldn't have to deal with a ravaged yard with any possibility of being injured because of worthless pests. Here's a pic of some dirt I've collected in the last couple of years from my front yard. This thing weigh a couple of hundred pounds. And, this is partial as I've dumped some in my backyard to fill in the holes. :lol:

With that said, if these things only made 1 mound in the corner somewhere, I would probably just leave them alone. But, that's not what they do...and, therefore, if they set foot on my yard, I will hunt them down. And I will kill them. ALL!!!! For Sparta! :mrgreen:

Assuming you not trolling :))), homeowners shouldn't have to deal with a ravaged yard with any possibility of being injured because of worthless pests. Here's a pic of some dirt I've collected in the last couple of years from my front yard. This thing weigh a couple of hundred pounds. And, this is partial as I've dumped some in my backyard to fill in the holes. :lol:

With that said, if these things only made 1 mound in the corner somewhere, I would probably just leave them alone. But, that's not what they do...and, therefore, if they set foot on my yard, I will hunt them down. And I will kill them. ALL!!!! For Sparta! :mrgreen:

Not trolling. I want nothing to do with PETA, but I'm against killing animals for no reason, hence the previous request for clarification. Animals are not mindless, and no matter how annoying they are I think taking a step back and looking at what you're about to do before doing it is always a good thing.

We demand corpse pics as proof!

We demand corpse pics as proof!
Ahhsk, and you shall receive.

NOTICE: possible NSFW. Nothing gross or graphic. Just a dead one in a trap.

Pics:
  1. I had a tough time getting this guy 'cause he was so small. It didn't trigger the trap. But, I found a way to make the trap with hair-trigger like. He died a couple of hours later.
  2. This guy, what can I say, he's just dead.

BTW, I killed 3 that day. Wooohhhoo!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Hrm. A nice little Fuel Air Explosive strike should fix the problem. Of course, don't use too much or your house might end up the wrong way up...

Ok, only moles in U-rope so humour me, apart from making holes in the lawn what other damages do gophers do?

I don't have a lawn to speak of, it's more like a pasture but I never saw the point in killing moles :dunno:

There are times where I have a lot of moles in my garden (which is about 1200m?). It makes it impossible to mow the lawn because there are this little hills are over. You can't run over it, because it stalls the engine. You can't also make it flat, because the whole garden looks like a potato field then.

And yah... their tunnels make you brake through the ground when it is wet. It happened, that you sink in to half-knee-depth. Once we had a fat visitor, who sat down in our garden chair and the legs of the chair sunk in until the guy sat on the ground.

LoL... it was hilarious and no one could stop laughing for minutes. But in the end, it is only annoying with these stupid beasts.

PS: Never killled one though, I just was happy when it moved along to the neighbor :p

@Black Z Eddie

In your video there is a banner "no animals were harmed DURING the filming" missing.

Last edited:
I've had moles for years, but tbh, it doesn't really bother me, I just run over the little hills with my mower, and I throw a few seeds on spots every year.
I also have ground squirrels, bushy tailed squirrels, frogs/toads, birds and I've even seen a baby rabbit.
(I also saw a red fox once but that wasn't in my yard).
I love seeing all those critters run around.
To me a perfectly manicured lawns = yawn.

I've had moles for years, but tbh, it doesn't really bother me, I just run over the little hills with my mower, and I throw a few seeds on spots every year.
I also have ground squirrels, bushy tailed squirrels, frogs/toads, birds and I've even seen a baby rabbit.
(I also saw a red fox once but that wasn't in my yard).
I love seeing all those critters run around.
To me a perfectly manicured lawns = yawn.

Well, it also depends on where you live. If you live on a wooded lot or bordering a forest, it's different than if you live in a new subdivision where all the houses look the same and the neighbours are anal and complain. Au naturel may work in some circumstances, but not in others.

Well, it also depends on where you live. If you live on a wooded lot or bordering a forest, it's different than if you live in a new subdivision where all the houses look the same and the neighbours are anal and complain. Au naturel may work in some circumstances, but not in others.

You don't have to let your grass grow several feet tall in order to leave it natural. Are there really neighbors so stingy that they'd complain about mole hills?

Suburbian neighborhoods exist where you will be fined for an unkempt lawn.

Yes, but I'm wondering, are mole hills considered criteria for an unkempt lawn? Seems to me that any reasonable person would realize that mole hills are not easily controlled and not the fault of the owner, so they wouldn't be blamed.

Yes, but I'm wondering, are mole hills considered criteria for an unkempt lawn? Seems to me that any reasonable person would realize that mole hills are not easily controlled and not the fault of the owner, so they wouldn't be blamed.
They can be controlled. Step #1: You just kill them. Step #2: Rejoice. Problem controlled. If they appear again, repeat Step #1.

Look here, this is what happens to your lawn. Most of these pics are in a range. Just imagine this shit in your fenced in yard?

Is it safe to assume you have no lawn? Or, you are not encountering the same pests as some of us?

I'm not sure if mole hills are fined against in my town, but mole hills will lead to an unkempt lawn and that is punishable by fine. So the burden is on the property owner to fix the problem (i.e. get rid of the pest infestation), at their own expense too.

And the issue of property upkeep is not only limited to lawns. In my area, people are responsible for clearing their portion of the sidewalk of all snow and ice. And they have deadlines (as in hours of the day) on this. Though I've never seen them enforced. However, if someone slips and falls on your portion of the sidewalk, you're liable for their medical bills and/or any resulting disability. In one of the neighbouring towns, the town is responsible for clearing the sidewalks, so the property owners are off the hook. Then again their property taxes are higher, so there's a choice.

Suburbian neighborhoods exist where you will be fined for an unkempt lawn.
I'm glad that sort of thing is uncommon in the UK, I need a lawn to store rusty cars... :lol:

Also moles can create an ungodly mess for creatures so small, I'm not a garden fanatic but if I've not covered it in broken automobiles I'd like my lawn to look nice.

Last edited:
Not trolling. I want nothing to do with PETA, but I'm against killing animals for no reason, hence the previous request for clarification. Animals are not mindless, and no matter how annoying they are I think taking a step back and looking at what you're about to do before doing it is always a good thing.

We usually have some moles, squirrels and various kinds of birds in our garden and most of the time I have no problem with them.
In fact I think it's quite nice to have some wildlife around.
But if they start to ruin your garden you have to to something about them.
While I never had a big problem with moles, I recently had a problem with pigeons. After I tried getting rid of them in a non-lethal way I employed Plan B and shot them in the head.
Sometimes you just have to kill the pests.